Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD 80 series steering bars - special offer!!!

I saw these yesterday but having never looked into it didn't realise they were going cheap.

Bugger, these are tempting...

In the name of safety, of course.... :whistle:

Ordered mine today and said only 2 lots left before i ordered mine, got a full set of track rod ends to fit so thought why not lol

Anybody got a link that takes you to the product please?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unnecessary. Save your money. Lovely and shiny and really tempting, but look at all the off roading that's been done at Lincomb at least. Who's ever bust a steering arm?

I managed to bend a hd steering bar on my landrover lol, failed going up some rocks and bent the rear one coming back down, ripped a standard one in half before that ( mind you landrover ones are made of chocolate )

Unnecessary. Save your money. Lovely and shiny and really tempting, but look at all the off roading that's been done at Lincomb at least. Who's ever bust a steering arm?

I must admit, I've bounced my bars off a few rocks and used them to reprofile the ground on many occasions, and they've never bent.

Still, if there's any left in the shop, I'll try to get a pair. With the lift mine are quite exposed and looking unsightly. I attacked them with a pipe wrench trying to adjust, and really tore them up on the surface.

I know, I know, I could drop them off, file and emery paper them, and paint them, they'd be as good as new....

But these are so shiny... :shifty:

There's nothing shiny on my truck, only the lights... :lol:

Mine had a badly bent one from the owner before Jon. Fortunately an OEM spare came with it for me to fit. Not sure what had happened there - the steering damper was toast as well... clearly someone was a bit over-excited :)

Oh Gav - so please to see you're still causing havoc buddy ;)

Ordered mine today, ain't it always the way, you pass up on something, then the following week you bend em? So, I'll fit the new ones and keep the others as spares, I've had lots of bits from Gwyn, he has been really helpful in getting the OM Emu shockers, been hard to find, but he got them! I have the ' cruiser ones fitted to my Froader and my sons discovery 300tdi, ( and the bruiser)
Thanks for the heads up, well appreciated
Bill Westley

There is a difference between the 80 and the Landy. I have seen countless LR arms bent. It's a regular occurrence. But despite the design being very similar, for some reason the 80 ones don't get hit. Not sure why, I have lain under lots of Landies helping to fix them and never been able to spot the subtleties.

I think the force it takes to bend 80 bars I'd rather they did bend than send that force into the ball joints etc and risk those snapping. Much easier to unbend a bar or live with it than fix a ball joint. Treated my green 80 pretty rough without any problems and same for some friends ... I've seen LR bars bend just trying to steer out of ruts with 35's on lol.

Very true. I've seen the same. They seem very weak. They tend to break when you straighten them too. A tent pole might be stronger.

I've got a set on mine only as I bent the originals when off roading. The new ones certainly seem heavy duty

Back