Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD-FT overland build - Brenda the devastator

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Well so it begins, After 20 years of never having owned a Japanese car i end up buying my first one over the phone without seeing or driving it. Thankfully it worked out fine and it isn't a lemon, Quite the opposite she is in really great nick and just needs a little welding in the sill right as i just discovered. Have made the first set of modifications and im really pleased with them 2" EFS lift with 350kg rear and 80kg fronts (To suit a winch bumper and rear wheel carrier)replaced ARB & Panhard bushes and 2 degrees castor correction Koni Heavy track dampers and Cooper discoverer all terrain 285/75/16 I've been basically glued to the project Grey Ghost thread since i joined the forum and will be paying homage (stealing) some of the great mods ive seen. Apologies in advance for any faux pas i may make this is the first forum ive joined. also thanks in advance for the advice i will invariably ask for and recieve.

HW, I am honoured. Steal what you like as if there was no tomorrow. More than happy to talk you through any bits I posted. I wouldn't post them if I minded people looking. Maybe you should join us at the Adventure Overland show where you can poke and prod the beast in person along with everyone else's.

Chris

But here's a hint. Get some picture of yours posted off or we'll throw you off the forum, right? :lol: :lol:

Desperately trying to load up some pictures , Nigh on impossible on a touchscreen or maybe just my touchscreen.
I will certainly load some up tomorrow from my desk.
I really want to go to an overland show to get ideas and sometimes little startup companies have great little gadgets etc on display.
When is the show Chris? I'd be interested in looking at the ghost for sure.

wheels & tyres with 2" lift .Cheap Chinese snorkel with Toyota birdfeeder

received_438547699683828-1.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh dear........... Help may not be so forthcoming when Chris sees the colour of your truck :whistle:
Very nice by the way

That's a mother of a snorkel you've got there! Has it got Scania on the side?

Hmmmm it's an idea but I'm thinking of dressing it to look like its a Toyota racing development special.
Some decals and maybe a TRD badge on the snorkel.

Oh for F***s sake. It's bloody blue!!!!

Right you can forget any ideas of mine you've seen. Come within a 100 yards and I'll slap a court order on yah! Blue? Have you lads put him up to this or what???

Follow this thread HW for the Club meet at the show. I can see Ian's posted the date, but read the thread too.

Oh for F***s sake. It's bloody blue!!!!

Right you can forget any ideas of mine you've seen. Come within a 100 yards and I'll slap a court order on yah! Blue? Have you lads put him up to this or what???

Aaaaand there it is!!! Can't say I didn't warn ya. Good luck for the future :lol:

I'm sure your wondering what everyone is talking about HW so to explain - before starting the grey ghost thread Chris done about 10 laps of the country searching for a good 80 of a very specific colour as a base for his project with no luck .

I'm sure your wondering what everyone is talking about HW so to explain - before starting the grey ghost thread Chris done about 10 laps of the country searching for a good 80 of a very specific colour as a base for his project with no luck .

Phew that explains it all. Brenda is in fact not blue, so it's ok.

I have just wrapped my phone in the coloured cellophane that surrounds big bottles of lucozade as i heard it "replaces lost energy" and i was tired of charging my phone all the time. :icon-rolleyes:

Brenda is green .... A lovely shade of bottle green

BRENDA THE DEVASTATOR, how appropriately named eh, Chris :laughing-rolling: .

Great looking truck, what wheels are they, I once had a similar set but they look so much better in black than silver.

Back