Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hdj101 slow acceleration

dean780

Country Flag
brunei
hello guys, i was wondering if anybody else had the same as what i have, my hdj101 runs perfectly, starts ok, everything is basically what it should be except for one, during acceleration it takes a while ( slow ) to accelerate until 80kmh, mine has automatic transmission, engine is 1hd 24v, i tried diagnosing it but no codes found, anyone ever had this happen to their cruiser. thanks

My 2001 Auto HDJ100 is the biggest slug I've ever driven. It has always been the same and as I've not driven another one I don't know if its 'the norm' or not.

I suspect the turbo and one day I'll find the time to strip it out and have it checked. I really should stick my Analyser on it and test the turbo pressure when its working hard, but that really requires two people which I don't usually have.

The fuel consumption is bad too (25mpg running light, 18mpg towing 2.5 tons).

My 3.0 litre manual '95' is far more lively.

I would start by sticking an Analyser on your truck and see what it tells you when its working hard.

Bob.

hi bob, thanks for the info, my turbo seems ok, from outside, and i have excellent mileage , car is running well, only it takes off like a slug yeah. would an Egr contamination be a possibility, maybe thats not giving enough pressure. hence the engine is starved at first.

Dean, what year is your 100 (4 sp or 5 sp box)? And how many miles?
Are there any vibrations (more than normal)?

Common problems are fuel tank filter, EGR clogging, catalytic converter clogged, leaks on intake pipes or vacuum pipes/hoses, turbo.

Shes got 202kms on her, its a japan spec 4speed, no vibrations at all noticed, I will surely look at the Egr side of the engine and have it a good clean, and see if that will change anything. maybe thats the reason i'm not getting enough pickup power from stationery.

Back