Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDJ80 speedometer

Monty

Country Flag
england
Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join your club. I have a 1994 80 series cruiser and the speedometer stopped working. I sent it off to be repaired but unfortunately it couldn't be fixed does anyone know where i can get a replacement or is there a speedometer from another model that would do the job.

Hi Monty, welcome. Where did you send it off to to be repaired? Also I may have a spare.

Hi Andy, I sent it to Autotronics in Leicester the engineer tried to repair it but when they tested it still didn't work. It would be great if you have a spare.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Andy, if it helps the part no is 83010-60721

Hi Monty and welcome.
Can you describe the fault you were experiencing so we can look out for it if it happens to others? For instance, was the odometer working while the needle stopped intermittently (which incidentally has a thread and fix on here) or the needle showed the wrong speed?
Best of luck with it.
Rich

Hi Rich, the needle would move up and down randomly showing different speeds sometimes even when stationary. I think the odometer stopped when the speedometer stopped but not too sure.

There is a thread on here somewhere, I recall it being an issue, When i posted about my 12v speedo showing 110 mph when i was pulling off the drive, If i remember most reply's were about the drive on the gearbox end, Not the speedo it's self...... Like you said, the speedo needle would bounce around all over the place... (most common in the Auto if i remember)... Good luck

Had a look, I've got a few but not one for the 12v auto of that vintage. The nearest I've got is a 92 auto but its the cable driven type. You have to have the right one as all the plastic circuit boards of the different variants aren't interchangeable. Best contact Karl Webster on here see if he can help.
Sorry about that.

Where did you get the part number from Monty, I can't find it on Toyodiy.

Hi Andy it's on the top left side of the cluster. I have managed to get one from Garry and it should be arriving tomorrow, thanks for your help will let you know how I get on.

Attachments

• IMG_20211005_162329.jpg
    IMG_20211005_162329.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 26
Hi Andy just an update, the instrument cluster I purchased from Garry is fitted in the cruiser and I am now back on the road. Thanks for taking the time to look to see if you had one.

Monty

Back