Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Head unit

Ecky Thump

Garage
I've been doing loads of research on head units but there are just too many these days.

The wife wants one in her 80 and this is the spec she wants;

Bluetooth for the phone.
MP3 or whatever it is for the iPod.
Must be able to control the iPod from the head unit.
Preferably double Din to fill the hole.

I found loads including this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-In-Car-Entertai ... 8770638703
but they don't mean owt to me :roll:

She also doesn't want to spend over £200 so that limits it quite a lot.
Is there anyone out there who can help at all :?:

I think Matt has fitted a double din soopah doopah head unit...

I fitted a single din unit from halfords - sony. Blue tooth for the phone & a usb on the front for ipod. Vay pleased with it & they were able to supply the connectors etc

MEX sommot or other

Will be more precise at a later date ;)

Julian said:
Les
As a cheap single din unit I have been very pleased with this
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde111ri.html
Fast Ipod control and the blue tooth is a parrot unit
That's the one I've got, the dogs b****ks, but the Parrot cost £200 :o (from Carphone Warehouse), mind you it controls the radio, the phone and the iPod, track change, volume the lot :cool: .
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the sugestions guys

Talked it over with er-in-doors and she wanted a double Din unit with easy to use controls so went for;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:1123

Just fitted it and it sounds awesome with loads of toys if you want to play. Simple install using the original Toyota brackets and came with Blutooth and mic. Paid an extra £4 for the adapter which is perfect. Found out that my Jap import has an amp that I had to unplug to make my head unit work properly but her UK spec doesn't have an amp so a straight forward fitting job :clap:

The last time I used a JVC they were at the bottom of the market, ultra cheapo jobs, but they certainly seem to have come up in the world.

Just got to wait for her to get up from nights to see if she is happy with it (insert fingers crossed smiley here)

What was the £4 adaptor for?

Ah, already converted mine to ISO connector with the last head unit change.
What is the quality of phone call on the blue tooth like?

Our gert has only just got out of bed and wants to see the unit and how to pair with the phone so i'll tell you later.

Well that is great. Phone call was ultra clear considering we are both on Orange and they are cr*p :roll:

The menu system is cool because you operate the phone or the iPod from the head unit and the two items can be chucked in the centre cubby. Apparently you can connect the iPod and the phone both by Bluetooth at the same time but I didn't try that as there is a USB flylead for the iPod.

All in all, well impressed on first play about. Time will tell if the boss gets on with it or not but she seems happy :pray:

That does look nice Les, hopefully the Mrs will get on okay with it.... :cool:

Back