Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlamp washer... or not?

Wildplaces

Country Flag
europe
Odd one.
My 2005 LC3 doesn't have a headlamp washer switch.
However, the front bumper does have the little covers for the washers, and if pulled out the nozzle is there and it retracts back in on a spring of some kind.
Did they just fit the nozzles as standard whether or not the car had the feature?
Is there a simple way to activate them?

Are you sure? I had an LC3 and mine worked. If all else fails, have a read in the handbook. I can't remember if it was a dash button or a twister on the stalk. But it only works with the headlights on IIRC.

Hmm still not happening - nothing happens when using the windscreen wash with headlights on. Might be a fault I guess but not something I’m going to fret about
Thanks for the feedback.

I think you have to turn the lights on - then there is a button on the end of the stalk which you need to push in (towards the steering wheel) to clean the lights.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks all - solved. Yes there is a button on the end of the wiper stalk specifically for headlamp washing.
My other cars all did it automatically when washing the windscreen, so that's a new one on me.

Cheers

Not sure the lc3 has headlight washers so maybe a replacement bumper in the past sometime. When the weather gets a bit warmer just check see if it's connected to your screen wash bottle.

Good job it confused the crap out of me at first cos only works with the headlights on. Selling my stereo if your interested if you like your gadgets. Just put it on now hence why I'm mentioning it.

Back