Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight issues

Patty

Country Flag
australia
Hey 80 series friends.

I'm having issues with my headlights where (on low beam) only the front drivers side comes on and the passenger park light comes on.

When I turn on the highbeams all turn on.

I was thinking the relay might be burnt out, but when I "fiddle" with the connection to the lights on the passenger side, it comes on again.

Thoughts? (Can upload a photo if that helps).

I think you solved it yourself.....check the connection for the lights on the passenger side .....if you wiggle that and it works then that is where the bad connection is

If it's a connector you're 'fiddling' with just pull it apart, clean up the contacts and apply some some dielectric grease or something like Corrosion Block and re connect. If it's just a bunch of wires you're moving with no connectors then you could have a wire broken internally inside the insulation.

Probably connector needs cleaning but might be a faulty bulb. It's possible for the filament inside the bulb to split so the bulb works when tapped, then fails when tapped.

Hey 80 series friends.

I'm having issues with my headlights where (on low beam) only the front drivers side comes on and the passenger park light comes on.

When I turn on the highbeams all turn on.

I was thinking the relay might be burnt out, but when I "fiddle" with the connection to the lights on the passenger side, it comes on again.

Thoughts? (Can upload a photo if that helps).
I had issues with my headlights. I replaced my stork control and all came right. I have disconnected my high beam and wire my LED driving lights straight into High Beam. All works perfectly now

I have just rebuilt both swing boxes and replaced rear lower trailing arm bushes. Vehicle was rocking when I stopped. Also replaced rear and front sway bar bushes. I was unable to adjust wheel alignment so I replaced Tie rod complete. Adjusted steering box. Cruiser is great to drive now. Steering is excellent.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably connector needs cleaning but might be a faulty bulb. It's possible for the filament inside the bulb to split so the bulb works when tapped, then fails when tapped.

I'll give the connection a bit of a clean by the sounds of it thanks people.

I don't think there's an issue with the bulb as the light comes on when I switch to high beam.

There are two filaments in the bulb. The low beam gets most use so burns out first. Do check your bulb before anything else.

Back