Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight level sensor

Skyeman

Country Flag
scotland
Anyone had this problem?

Getting flashed at night by other drivers. I noticed that both dipped beams were bouncing up and down - very noticeable when parked nose-on to a wall. They were both bouncing up and down in unison so not the motors.

Shortly after that I started getting an AFS error light on the dash (auto front lighting system - swivels the beams L or R as you corner). I suspect the 2 systems are linked, and the levelling fault gives AFS indication.

After finally getting the seized bolts out of the bracket i removed the headlight level sensor (just forward of the back axle RHS) but now can't get the arm off the potentiometer shaft (also seized). Pretty sure the pot is screwed as the shaft rotates thru 360 very freely.

So - anyone know where I can get a replacement, without resorting to Mr T?

regards

Rick
IMG_0282.JPG

Or anyone know the part no.?
Long story short - £300+ (!)
Also had a KDSS fault. Was a faulty pump, and what with labour and the garage having to rent a special tool (to recharge the system,
which is hydraulic) it came to an eye watering 3k+. Now kicking myself for not getting the Toyota extended warranty when it ran out in January.
I was contemplating an aftermarket warranty, but reading up there are a lot of dissatisfied people out there - £700+ (warrantywise)
Anyone have good or bad reports about them?

Ouch! That does hurt.

Not good to hear of something like a Land Cruiser needing costly repairs like that on such a new vehicle :(
Mind you, mine cost a bomb and had some bad faults with it in the 2 years I had it :(

Ouch! That does hurt.

Not good to hear of something like a Land Cruiser needing costly repairs like that on such a new vehicle :(
Mind you, mine cost a bomb and had some bad faults with it in the 2 years I had it :(

Yep, nothing is ever 100%.
Also just recently had a sudden decrease in power, and auto box not knowing whether to change up or down half the time.
I had to go away so the truck was left at the garage but they have emailed to say it was a turbo fault - thankfully not the turbo itself but the wastegate stuck open (I thought there was a hell of a whistle from the turbo!) "main clip broken" whatever that is.
Anyway, I'll pick it up on Thursday so hope all is now well.

Anyone had this problem?

Getting flashed at night by other drivers. I noticed that both dipped beams were bouncing up and down - very noticeable when parked nose-on to a wall. They were both bouncing up and down in unison so not the motors.

Mine seems to be doing this a bit too. The headlights go up and down a bit, but I have not been worried about this too much. Mine is an almost brand new vehicle (I bought it as an approved used with 1600 miles on the clock, and have driven another 300 in the week that I own it) and still under warranty, so if they go wrong I suspect they will be covered, right?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back