Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight stickers converters for driving in Europe

I think so yes look at your headlight glass and you will see a clearly defined area of a similar shape which is where the sticker goes .

I have used those before, never had any complaints.

You may well have to cut it to the shape of the dip lens part of the glass. I reuse my stickers and they've done 20 years/trips at least.

You may well have to cut it to the shape of the dip lens part of the glass. I reuse my stickers and they've done 20 years/trips at least.
What do you re-stick them with Frank?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They have the original sticky backing. Back in the day you bought a square of this plastic with a reflective and sticky backing. Then you cut out the profile you needed. Some examples were printed on the front.

So these were to help me pass my MOT as the two UK headlights I had won't pass the testers. The stickers didn't have any effect - either on the UK nor my origonal USA headlights
So on the headlights the 1st UK one had extra wiring harness for finer control ; which my US truck didn't have so couldn't adjust to much effect. On the next UK headlight all manual so bit better but on the low beams still failing where the top of the line output is fuzzy and doesn't have a tight line 'crop' (do doesn't dazzle other drivers).

turns out the wiring on the low beam was wrong with power going to the bottom filament whereas once switched with power to filament (top of bulb that has a 'cap') now tight line with crop cutoff and passes MOT fine.

What was interesting is that the stickers (had LHD and RHD) had not effect on cutting off that top line

I fitted some last time I went abroad. Now to be fair, we never drove at night nor did we plan to, but on the way home through the UK it was late and dark. They didn't seem to make any difference at all to my beam either.

I think the effect is to the part of the beam that points towards the kerb in the UK rather than to the cut off line as that's the same for both. The beams end up cut off to the left as well as originally to the right.

It hides the kick up used to read street signs at the side of the road , which reminds me i still have LHD angel eye headlights to modify and fit .

It hides the kick up used to read street signs at the side of the road , which reminds me i still have LHD angel eye headlights to modify and fit .
something to do while the paint dries...

Back