Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight upgrade

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
I searched high and low mate , mine were destined for rhd Oz and the seller assured me they were rhd . The m.o.t man tried with me to get them adjusted enough for a pass and the best we could manage was an absolute and total fail .

If you look at the most expensive lights like these in Oz from "mars" they have all had one light replaced with a projector bulb and the last time i looked nobody sells the modified upgrade for our trucks .

I intend to modify my own in the same way when i can look at them without wanting to smash them and encourage myself to spend another £100+

I have 2 sets one without indicators so by the time i'm done they will be the most expensive plastic headlights anyone ever fitted to a car :angry-banghead:

Yeah I'm not having any luck either and the replies from ebay sellers in the far east leave a lot to be desired :neutral:

Did you buy two sets? Have you got two set of the side indicator lights also?

I'd love to emulate this look but again those Prado headlights are difficult to source, have my toyo dealer e-mailing about them.
50e15156a35c0721836d73ced8692d41%201_zps9rt1bemb.jpg

I bought a set from another club member who got a replacement for damaged goods from the seller without actually sending the damaged ones back , i didn't think to ask him if the indicators were included and they weren't :icon-rolleyes:

The indicator/side lights have been on my truck for ages but they don't fit as they should as they should slot into the aftermarket headlights which aren't fitted .

I'm personally not fussed on the prado lights shown above , they grab your attention because they are different but i don't see them as an upgrade and i think swapping those for lights like ours is a more typical event .

Someone on the forum did fit them though his name escapes me right now and he sold his truck and hasn't been seen since in any case . If you search the forum someone was trying to sell a black swb 90 prado with these lights fitted as standard maybe 6 months ago .

His numberplate might help a dealer find the lights on his computer .

Cheers mate, yeah I suppose the older prado ones aren't an upgrade, just something different. Love that look though. The above picture has the black side light like you have but I cannot get anyone to send them to me on their own.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Other than looks, the facelift clear lens lights are some what an upgrade compared to the glass lens, and if you want to go one step more you could retrofit a projector behind the housing too.

Shayne, regarding your problematic lights? Is it possible to remove the plastic housing and just swap the projectors over?

I have split them Beau half hour in the oven on a low heat softened the glue but the reflectors are the problem they each have a smooth section that is designed to kick the beam up and to the right (so you can read street signs) if you drive on the wrong side of the road .

Whichever way i turn swap or alter them they still throw light upwards , so basically what i have is a light case in need of lights , i found some flat beam motorbike projectors that should fit quite well allowing me to keep the halo but as i said i just lost interest .

Gotcha! I thought upgraded lights would come with projectors but it seems those lights just work with reflectors, interesting. In that case a retrofit projector housing like you say is the best way to go. You'll probably improve the light output even more on projectors anyway. Just a shame you have to go through all this effort on something you paid top $$$ for

Shipping will be high, but has anyone checked out the OZ sellers, there's loads on the bay

Mine were bound for Oz Clive its mentioned earlier in this thread .

Same as mine Steve and i can't see RHD written anywhere in the ad .

These guys don't ship to our side of the world (well not to Ireland at least) I wonder are they actually RHD? You would imagine that all these lights are made in the same facrory, why can they not have more RHD models for sale? I could get it posted to mates in NZ who would send it to me. But what if they end up like Shaynes? Not true RHD and a fail at the test centre.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-TOY...-Projector-LED-Head-Lamp-Lights-/172274009542

They all come from Asia and mine were advertised in Ozzie dollars .

The mrs just paid 60 quid for a pair of leather cloggs for me from what turned out to be another chinese website masquerading as as UK , they sent plastic girls sandals instead and return postage makes it not worth pursuing :icon-rolleyes:

They all come from Asia and mine were advertised in Ozzie dollars .

The mrs just paid 60 quid for a pair of leather cloggs for me from what turned out to be another chinese website masquerading as as UK , they sent plastic girls sandals instead and return postage makes it not worth pursuing :icon-rolleyes:
Contact eBay and lodge a complaint, some of these Chinese sellers would sometimes replace and say keep the wrong item rather than get a bad rep with eBay. This has happened to me before.

Wasn't ebay or paypal and when she showed me the site i said serves you right :doh:but it's my own fault my slippers are knackered and when i went to get another pair the same i said bollox i aint paying over a 100 quid for slippers , i annoy her with things like that , she has a room full of brand new shoes and handbags each costing a lot more that she will never use :icon-rolleyes: Women eh they are alien's im sure of it :lol:

Would any of the Aussie members have some knowledge of these sort of lights and know where to get them they could GIFT them to you so might get around a few problems when they get to here

These guys don't ship to our side of the world (well not to Ireland at least) I wonder are they actually RHD? You would imagine that all these lights are made in the same facrory, why can they not have more RHD models for sale? I could get it posted to mates in NZ who would send it to me. But what if they end up like Shaynes? Not true RHD and a fail at the test centre.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-TOY...-Projector-LED-Head-Lamp-Lights-/172274009542

Going directly to that link, I note in the product description it says:

Features:

• RHD- Right Hand Drive Model
  • High Power LED Head Light Bar
  • Chrome Housing
  • Optimum Brightness
  • Enhance visibility on the road
  • Best safety feature
  • Plug & Play direct fitment to factory mounting points
  • Easy Installation
  • 1 Year Warranty
  • Built specifically to fit: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 1996-2002 model
Package Content:

• Pair of Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Head Lights
Note: Kindly take note that the bulbs are not included

It couldn’t be more clear, RHD... and if it wasn’t for Shayne’s experience, I wouldn’t doubt them to be RHD. :crazy:

Would these be the ones required? This is the seller I got my Angel eyes from, the blurb on the page says
"The parts we carry are for right hand drive (RHD) car although some parts can be installed in left hand drive (LHD) car. The form might be different depending on the grade, model year, please check these and pictures before bidding"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-09-To...966721?hash=item4b1c841a41:g:c-MAAOSwFSBZb0d7

Back