Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlight washer sprayers

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I was dismantling some more bits off the 1997 subaru forester I got off a friend.
dropped the gearbox and engine out of it today.

Noticed some useful bits for my landcruiser too.
I have been planning to fit a 2nd battery in my 'cruiser as it only has one, as a backup and to power an inverter. So the battery tray, and battery tie-down clamps in the forester will do the trick nicely for that, and the battery terminal clamps. So I fitted the forester battery into my 'cruiser using these parts, its only a 60AH battery, so will plan to get a bigger one.

An on-off-on, switch for electric windows, will be ideal for a in-car winch control to activate the solenoid, as well as a remote system.

but what caught my eye was the headlight washers on the forester. The higher-spec Colorado's have these, so i plan to fit the forester sprayers onto my landcruiser. maybe the wiring is already in place.
I might need to add a second water reservoir, if there is space. as not sure about adding a second water pump to reservoir in my colorado.

out of interest, where is the headlight washer switch located on a '90 ? so i can check behind the switch-blank to see if wiring in place?

AndyCook said:
out of interest, where is the headlight washer switch located on a '90 ? so i can check behind the switch-blank to see if wiring in place?

It's a small button on the end of one of the stalks.

24Seven said:
t's a small button on the end of one of the stalks

cheers for the info,
OK - will have to wire from scratch then, and shove the subaru switch on one of the "blanks" on the dash

my VX spec.95 has only one reservoir & pump - i just gives a single squirt to clean the headlights , it's not continuous like the 'screen squirters.not sure how it does this.

The reservoir has two pumps, the headlamp one is below the windscreen one (not that clear to see from the outside of the reservoir need to look inside to see the outlet) and the headlight pump only works when the highlights are switched on via a separate switch on the dash. I am looking to replace my headlamp pump which is now discontinued for my 1994 80 series and the Subaru Forester looks a good option also I think Honda make a similar pump which still may be available.

Anyone know of any other options?

Back