Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hearsay and rumour

We are in a similar situation to Dylan. Really not sure what is the best course of action here.
What you need to do is buy a massive plot of groung just outside of the ULEZ, and call it a car park, pref near a tube or bus link into London, then this time next you we'll be million airs, and you can call me dell. :laughing-rolling:

What part of Kent are you in?

The local ford guy has a Raptor at 7k off.... Tempting. I should really go drive one of these ranger raptors..

Looks like it's euro 6.2 ... I guess that explains the tiny engine compared to the other, real, raptor.

We're in South East London 100% now.
I asked because I spent a good part of my childhood and youth in South East London, then Bromley and then Rainham Kent, born in Lambeth.

Stay Safe, Stay in, Stay Alive. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The local ford guy has a Raptor at 7k off.... Tempting. I should really go drive one of these ranger raptors..

Looks like it's euro 6.2 ... I guess that explains the tiny engine compared to the other, real, raptor.
Go on buy it, it is a euro 6.2, if you bought it you could start a Ford Raptor Club, you would probably be the only member of FRC. :laughing-rolling:

There are a lot of f150 Raptors around, I have driven one since 2014 in the US (which is where I am about 3 months a year ), and they are very cool. Just too big for the UK (think tundra size)

The ranger raptor that came to the UK is somewhat smaller (only a bit..) and has a much smaller engine (215bhp compared to the 600+ on the f150).

Between the 2020LC 150 / the new 110 defender and the Raptor, I quite fancy the raptor all around ( the new Hilux isn't worth it for my use case ). It's well built, well tested, and over the next 10 - 12 years that we are still 'allowed' to drive these things, should be ok.

Maybe we need to wait for the TJ Cruiser and see if it really is a viable vehicle, or just playing for the Jimmy market.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There are a lot of f150 Raptors around, I have driven one since 2014 in the US (which is where I am about 3 months a year ), and they are very cool. Just too big for the UK (think tundra size)

The ranger raptor that came to the UK is somewhat smaller (only a bit..) and has a much smaller engine (215bhp compared to the 600+ on the f150).

Between the 2020LC 150 / the new 110 defender and the Raptor, I quite fancy the raptor all around ( the new Hilux isn't worth it for my use case ). It's well built, well tested, and over the next 10 - 12 years that we are still 'allowed' to drive these things, should be ok.

Maybe we need to wait for the TJ Cruiser and see if it really is a viable vehicle, or just playing for the Jimmy market.
Have you seen the race between the F150, Land Cruiser and Range Rover across the Mojave desert, on James May's Cars of the people Series 2 Episode 2 part 2 ?

Have you seen the race between the F150, Land Cruiser and Range Rover across the Mojave desert, on James May's Cars of the people Series 2 Episode 2 part 2 ?
Have not, but am looking for it now...

Well, we ain’t much further on with the “ Lockdown Dream Machine” from the Toyota parts list, TBH I love my 80, but when the weather is monkey, sitting under the awning don’t quite “ do it” I know we can wrap up up etc, but when it’s windy and wet and a reasonably priced hotel/B n B ain’t available, it’s something a comforting glass of scotch ain’t gonna fix. In the past there have been a couple of occasions when we’ve hunkered down in the car, by reclining the seats Etc, but I would prefer not to. Even making a bit of scran or cup of tea in the wind ain’t good. If I were very well off, I would like a conversion by “Toms” in Germany, but tbh the old duchess wouldn’t be happy with that amount of readies going south I can tell you . So, back to pipe dreaming. Best regards all, Bill Westley

I was told from an unsubstantiated source that a company/ garage in west London is buying the electric drivetrains from accident damaged cars and fitting them into classic cars to enable the owners to drive into central London after the new emission Laws take effect later this year.
Now I don’t know if this report is not a piece of fancyfree or true, but it got me thinking as I’m sure others have also about “ upgrading “ our dinosaur vehicles. I am guilty of having an abnormal fondness for my 80 series, it came to me with 150k miles now has 350 miles, I’ve had my share of woes, but my goodness, I’ve had more than my share of wonderful touring, towing the 4x4 Froader, used it for towing the firms trailer, days out with picnics etc etc.
None of this exclusive to me. So back to the subject, I want to keep my 80, but the way things are going how can we keep up with emissions exclusions?
I’m not a fan of electric, but it seems the new makers of the Grenadier have a solution in the BMW power plant. I don’t know if it is the latest generation of their 6 Cyl diesel with all the bells and whistles but it got me thinking would this be a route we could take with our dinosaurs?
I know Tom’s have an exhaust system for 80 s, but that is up to Euro 5 , London demands Euro 6, Another suggestion is the power plant for the Merc Sprinter, I’ve just had the first MOT on our 17 plate, the emissions were so low the MOT examiner was astounded. Will the authorities allow retrofit?
Another thought, I don’t think much will return to “ normal” after this corona virus disaster, we will have to see.
Just a few thoughts, and you may have better solutions/ideas, I hope you all stay safe and healthy, Best regards to all, Bill Westley
Ford Bronco With Tesla Batteries Worth $300,000

Back