Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heartache

mettisse

Supporter
Up to now in this CV19 crisis our firm has carried on working as we are in the “ food chain” and believe me we are working the hardest we have ever, of course we are short handed over burdened with stuff we have never had to cope with before, but, I really appreciate as I’m sure all of us do, the wonderful self sacrificing hero’s of the NHS, so that being said, the reason for “ Heartache,” today is16th April 2020, I have today off a rest day, I’m sitting in my living room at 7 am drinking a black coffee gazing out of my living room window at the blue sky and in view is my 80 Bruiser “ ready to go” trusty truck, my heart aching to go wandering again, fond memories of great trips, Morocco, Spain, France Corsica and Sardinia, oh dear, memory lane, what a great place to go eh? Well, my heart aches for travel, but my mind is snapped back to reality when I realise my selfishness, how about all the families that are bereaved, the loved ones lost and those who died alone in hospital beds, ones isolated and can’t get food delivered, I suddenly feel ashamed of myself, they are the ones with real heartache, sorry to be a tad depressing, but life is an unforgiving teacher, hopefully we can look forward to so more adventures in the future , best regards and good health to all, Bill Westley

Attachments

• F61EDC55-CD28-4063-994A-4FE8C6A7D7FD.jpeg
    F61EDC55-CD28-4063-994A-4FE8C6A7D7FD.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 31
Up to now in this CV19 crisis our firm has carried on working as we are in the “ food chain” and believe me we are working the hardest we have ever, of course we are short handed over burdened with stuff we have never had to cope with before, but, I really appreciate as I’m sure all of us do, the wonderful self sacrificing hero’s of the NHS, so that being said, the reason for “ Heartache,” today is16th April 2020, I have today off a rest day, I’m sitting in my living room at 7 am drinking a black coffee gazing out of my living room window at the blue sky and in view is my 80 Bruiser “ ready to go” trusty truck, my heart aching to go wandering again, fond memories of great trips, Morocco, Spain, France Corsica and Sardinia, oh dear, memory lane, what a great place to go eh? Well, my heart aches for travel, but my mind is snapped back to reality when I realise my selfishness, how about all the families that are bereaved, the loved ones lost and those who died alone in hospital beds, ones isolated and can’t get food delivered, I suddenly feel ashamed of myself, they are the ones with real heartache, sorry to be a tad depressing, but life is an unforgiving teacher, hopefully we can look forward to so more adventures in the future , best regards and good health to all, Bill Westley
Shame should be reserved for the things we choose to do, not the circumstances that life puts on us.
– Ann Patchett.

Aspire to inspire before we expire.

Your dreams can't hurt anyone so keep on dreaming you won't be alone and its OK to be selfish once in a while but not to the exclusion of those around you

Good sentiment Bill, but don’t be too hard on yourself. Keep dreaming, it’s a good escape in itself.
In general, we’re all doing our bit as it were, even those sitting at home doing bugger-all are doing their bit to reduce the spread and hence the threat to those most vulnerable.
Work for me goes on as though there was no CV19, except that we‘re working from home. There is a slight increase in our workload because of the virus, but not like the way it’s affected your business, by a long way.
This will pass, it’s just a matter of when, and it may be later than sooner, the way it’s going.
If I’m honest about it, I’m enjoying working from home. I can take a stroll in the garden when I want a breather, and I save at least an hour of my life every day not having to travel to and from the office.
Ive made my own workstation in one of the spare rooms, so nobody disturbs me and vice versa, my daughter still gets schooling every day on the interweb conferencing facilities, and my wife is working from home too. We’re one happy family and having meals together, which is a nice change from us getting home at different times, and eating separately.

BTW, as an aside, I think you missed Romania (maybe along with others) from your list of places you’ve travelled... :think::icon-wink:
Good post anyway. :thumbup:

We are in debt to all those in the chain looking after us and keeping us going.
Clap loud tonight at 8pm. !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It’s only that I can’t spell Corona Virus, and still had to spell check!
And me :thumbup:

I like CV19 much better, virus is just one of those words I can’t ever remember how to spell, thank God for Alexa.:laughing-rolling:

Back