Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heated Seats

karl2000

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Is it just the bottom that heats up, or is the back supposed to heat up too? Thanks!

Karl

Mine is a 06 an i know only the seat heats up, thought it would be nice to have back as well!

Simon

Thanks Simon. I had a look at the parts diagram on partsouq, and it looks like there is a heater element in the back too - part number 8751060380

So I wonder if anyone has it working?

I need to try the passenger seat actually!

Well thats certainly interesting!
What year is your LC?
Wonder if its model/region specific?

Simon

Interesting!
Just checked the electrics and it seems to be classed as extra?
See attached file from the manual under diagnostics, clearly shows as seat only 'standard'
Makes me wonder if they just fit them and dont plug them in if you dont want them!
also attached location diagram if any use?

Attachments

• 2634 INSPECTION.pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 2631 LOCATION.pdf
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Simon! I'll have a look! Be handy to get it working for winter!

I just tried my passenger seat and the back heats up!

:)
Yep on the 95 the back heats up .After a long day on site this is one of the best things about my Landcruiser.

On my lc5 .. the back + seat heat up, driver and passenger side

Looks like i will be testing mine this weekend!
Feel like i am missing out on something,

Would be nice to know when and what models is was introduced on or maybe all models after a certain date?
Both the LCs i had never had rear back heaters :anguished:
Simon

My 2005 lc4 had both from new... Sadly not fully working now

So after checking under the passenger seat i notice a lead going into the back of the seat,
Separated the connector and checked supply was OK, then checked the resistance across the back heater, about 8 ohms, plugged it back in and it was working!!!!:dance:
I seems that the passenger one has always been working, its just that i have never sat in the passenger seat with the heater on!
Checked the drivers side and there is an open circuit on the heater so i guess its bust :violin:

I know you can buy the heater pads but i dread to think how it can be changed as i cannot see any access to the pad?
Sorry about the pic sideways, its the correct way on my PC?

Anyone else done this or knows how to?

Simon
20200711_163532.jpg

Simon thanks for the update and the information. I'll check mine - I suspect I'll be in the same position, so thats at least two of us who want to know how to change it! :)

Just tested mine, and I get exactly the same. Between 7 - 8 ohms passenger side, open drivers side!

I guess the drivers seat has the most used heater!

Yup, mine broke too.... Its a fair old job to change the heating pads, and I don't even want to hazard a guess as to cost... They can stay as is

Back