Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heater control not working

jd1975

Country Flag
united_states
97 40th Anniversary Landcruiser, took it to toyota for heater or ac controls not working, from the control face. it used blink and flash the green lights and click. they said it needed replaced. i bought a brand new control module from toyota installed it and the things still does not work at al. the clicking and blinking lights are no longer present. the buttons when pressed stay green as if selected. but nothing working no blower motor no heat nothing. ive done several test on thr system checked fuses and such. im a ford technician and electrcial is not my strong point. anyone else have these issues.

What inspired them to say it needed replacement, any tests/checks. Unfortunately dealers tend to be parts changers when things go wrong, so expected answer really. Sorry I am no help, but someone more knowledgeable should be along shortly.

Bad! I had a problem with my system years ago when my 80 was only 4 years old. Recirc button would not work. I decided to buy a new ecu but this burned out. I took it back and they replaced under warranty. Then 2nd one burned out so I decided to take to toyota who renewed the control panel and ecu. Again ecu burned out after a day. Took it back and they found a fault with recirc motor which they replaced together with ecu number 4. After that everything was and still is OK. I guess with the WSM and a PhD in witchcraft you might be able to trace the fault but I know toyota had to fix my problem by referring to their world library to look for answers to similar type faults other customers had had.

Look at the rear of your control panel, you may see a switch which may be covered with tape? Lift the tape and slide the switch to the alternative setting, it changes the circuitry inside to suit different models.....of course at your own risk but I have been down that road.

EDIT: Check the control cable is free along with the heater valve by disconnecting them both, the servo that drives the motor can stick.

regards

Dave

Back