Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Heater hoses for control Valve

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi I found a small leak of coolant at the inlet hose to the heater control valve at the bulkhead. Pinky crust at hose end.

Mine is a 1996 3.0td intercooler. The hose seems to be pretty old and I am thinking of replacing it, and the heater valve. Hose highlighted in picture below:

Is heater hoses another “use Toyota OEM” item? Or aftermarket will be fine?

I searched online (UK) using the part number but struggled to find anything directly, is there a cleverer way to look for heater hoses?

I also checked Amayama but it said all delivery to the UK has a 2-6 weeks delay!! Though their heater valve is a lot cheaper than the Toyota one that I can find in the UK. Anyone ordered anything from Amayama lately? Long waiting time?

Thanks

Attachments

• 9AB623EA-3E37-4B45-B609-34D50192FFB1.png
    9AB623EA-3E37-4B45-B609-34D50192FFB1.png
    412 KB · Views: 24
ebay silicone hose is just as good but i think i just trimmed a bit off the end of mine and put a stainless clamp on it because of the bends in the hose i figured straight silicone would fit but not be as tidy .

Cheers Shayne, good suggestion, will try trimming. What’s the standard hose diameter for 90? 5/8”?

No idea , just remember your measuring the internal diameter

I used aftermarket vacuum and tranny hoses on mine with no issue. Not had to do a heater hose but I can tell my radiator hoses are aftermarket too.

And was about to order my UBJ boots from Amayama but the estimated 40 day shipping put me off and I just got some aftermarket Febest ones locally off eBay.

Were only coming from the UAE and even with the current situation other orders from AliExpress have been their usual speed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yea I have ordered something from Amayama a few weeks ago and haven’t turned up yet…

Back