Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HELLO ALL YOUR CLUB LOOKS GOOD

Let's just say great minds think alike. Shayne's never liked the D4D engine, now it's like the answer is written in 6ft high neon flashing letters.

You two will be getting a slap, I can see it coming off :lol: :violence-hammer::violence-smack:

hi shayne have you got any pictures of your d4d 3 door on site thanks paul

My D4D is something of an ongoing saga mate there's a drivetrain clunk that i am determined to source and eliminate even if i do sell the truck later .
Currently the front control arms are at the sandblasters and will be refitted with new bushes and ball joints and the brake calipers are boxed to be sent for a Biggred refurb . Panhard , trailing arm and steering rack bushes are all new as are tie rods and probably a few bits besides . I bought it needing a new exhaust and jumped the gun by having a 3" stainless made for it , and besides all this i paid too much at the outset because i was determined to have a black swb D4D :icon-rolleyes:

What you're saying is it's halfway to a good 80 then? :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to hijack (cant work out the Private message thing here)

Not sure if you have tried this Shayne regarding your drive train clunk, I read recently that an incorrectly greased Prop shaft/Tail shaft can cause a clunk that sounds like transmission. Its a 150 series thing Issue but may carry back to your model. Another Article mentioned on older models around 2007ish that the spline on the Prop shaft/Tail shaft is the issue. Toyota were known to replace the spline under warranty to a better design which solved it.

Thanks Gas i was shocked to learn about that recall in Oz quite some time ago which led me to degreasing the props and investigating without result .

I fear we have thread jacked Oggy to a point where he's done a runner !

Come back Oggy we do like to help its just there's not many shorties on the forum .

Back