Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello all...

The Gerbil

Country Flag
europe
Just dropped in to say hello, I hope to see a lot more of all you lovely people...

I've just obtained myself a Landcruiser, HDJ80 with the 4.2 1hd-t engine. It's not "new" to me as it was a freinds car and I've been spannering on it for years but he's bought a Nissan Patrol so I've ditched the Discovery and moved over.. just transferring all the rooftent and the overlanding gear to it now and make it all fit just right....

Welcome.
Think you might be the winner over your mate....
If it was me....
Cruiser vs Disco = Cruiser
Patrol vs Cruiser = Cruiser
(Guess that's obvious given that I have a cruiser).

Looking forward seeing the pictures!

Enjoy!!

welcome.
Good move. We have seen many people make the move and most say they wish they had done it years ago.

Karl

Just dropped in to say hello, I hope to see a lot more of all you lovely people...

I've just obtained myself a Landcruiser, HDJ80 with the 4.2 1hd-t engine. It's not "new" to me as it was a freinds car and I've been spannering on it for years but he's bought a Nissan Patrol so I've ditched the Discovery and moved over.. just transferring all the rooftent and the overlanding gear to it now and make it all fit just right....
Welcome aboard.

What made him give up his 80 for a patrol?

Thanks all.

He's Polish and likes Patrols... also they are easy to get hold of in Poland and parts are good and cheap. So he bought himself a Spanish LHD one (because no salt damage) and he is winterising that after a full body off and chassis galv. as it will live in Poland at his parents house.

I'll get some pictures of my new toy soon but my Scouts love the car and the rooftent already. Just plotting where to go next - we have done Chernobyl and Romania, and either back to Romania when we understand how not to annoy the forestry service or perhaps Morrocco...

Chernobyl ......Now that's a place I would love to see (But might wait till I have finished having children).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IT's generally safe actually... Some of the places we stayed on route to it actually had higher radiation than Pripyat does....

Back