Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello (at last)

Ian Chuter

Country Flag
england
Hello to all, I have been lurking around in the background for over a year now so I guess it's about time I got my finger out, stopped being so rude and introduced myself.
Never been on a forum before this so be gentle with me.
I have a 92 reg HDJ81 VX auto jap import with 140k kms on the clock (not sure I believe that).
Having spent too much time on here, I now have big ideas way beyond my finances and could write down what I know about mechanics on a postage stamp, still, guess we all got to start somewhere.
So there you go, Ive finally said hello :oops:
Regards Ian

Hi Ian, Welcome to the forum, of course you do realise there is an initiation ceremony that has to be performed, nothing very drastic but it involves boot polish and ice cubes. See you soon at Lincomb maybe? :icon-twisted: . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Chas, Sounds nasty.
I did meet you and had a brief chat on Julian V's stand at the Overland show last year.

Hi and welcome I lurked here for about a year until I brought my 95 the other day, it seems a great forum to me
David

it seems a great forum to me
David[/QUOTE]
Certainly is. Ive had a lot of entertainment from it and picked up a hell of a lot of useful info. I only hope I will be able to contribute something useful to someone in exchange, but with zero mechanical ability and not much with compooters either it will probably come down to childish comments and p##s taking.

Welcome Ian, nowt wrong with Jap imports, I have one and I love it.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the welcomes guys.
Absolutely right Andy, nothing wrong with imports, Ive had 2 pajeros in the past and they were both fine. Shame most insurance companies seem to have a hang-up about them.
Ian

Adrian Flux doesn't seen to . 96 24V import £220. I've had 3 and they have been no trouble to insure.
I know people knock them but I can only speak from my experience with Cruisers and Chevys.
Mind you I may give them a challenge with this Trol.
IMG_0472_zps798de3c5.jpg
I will give them a ring tomorrow and see.

Andy

Yep, I just switched to Adrian Flux for the LC as Sureterm who I was with have been bought out by Lancaster and my renewal price with them was horrendous. See how it goes but the other usual candidates on here couldn't get close to Flux on price and covering off road, mods etc.
By the way Andy, that's a fair beast you got there. I did read the thread on that one.
Ian

Welcome Ian!

You mentioned "...which way to go..." so do you know which way you want to go with the 81?

just about every direction "mods" related has been done by someone on this forum, so you'll be in good company whichever direction you choose! :lol:

Cheers Clive,
Already had a snorkel on when I got it, have since added a roof rack and put my RTT on it. Currently on little 31/10.5 R15 BFG AT on std 80 rims so would like to go a bit bigger. Suspension is way past its best I would think looking at the way it sits compared to others I have seen it could do with a bit of a lift. The list goes on, trouble is the usual lack of funds.

Back