Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Bulgaria

Jack Sparrow

Country Flag
bulgaria
I am proud owner of Land Cruiser FJ40 around year 1984. I own this FJ since 1995. I bought it with already replaced the original 4.2 gasoline engine with the present one Mercedes 300D 5 cylinders and still the original Toyota 4 gearbox. I love this vehicle and my plan is to keep it forever :grinning: Now it's already time to pay attention and take care of this machine. My main plan is to change the engine, gearbox and electronics with some full set of diesel Toyota from 90'. Also I want to change the present original brakes with disk brake. The rest is only rust and spare parts. That's why I need your help from all of you :flushed: I want to know which is the almost best donor for this FJ40? I believe some people already gone this way and have some experience. Is there anything else specifically that I have to prepare for? I will be glad of every advice you have.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards

038882020.jpg

Welcome aboard Jack.

There’s always plenty of interest in 40 mods and restorations on here, so you shouldn’t go short of advice... sadly not from me, but there’s many others... good luck :thumbup:

Hi Jack and welcome.
Good looking 40 you have I have HJ 60 runing gear in it my 45 and was going to put a Colarado 3,0 litre diesel in my fj40 but run out of time good look with it and have a lot of fun with it big :thumbup:

Great looking truck.

That spare on the hood.... Seems a bit skinny...

The spare wheel is because more than 10 years it looked like this... In that time it was the most famous Toyota in our City :laughing::laughing:
038883072.jpg

038883075.jpg

Back