Hello from Doncaster

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Hello and welcome. Looks like Jade to me. And new tyres too? Not sure we have any members with a petrol one in Jade. Glad you know how to post pics too. It's an auspicious start.

Chris

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
Welcome to the club, we've got a good new member here, he's bought a Toyota, the best tyres (IMO) only been a member for one day and made his first post already :clap: , all that's needed now is a bit of mud :lol:
Chas

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Graham

I am in uk
Mar 22, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Garage
Andrew Prince said:
Welcome :text-welcomewave: - you must be the first member to have colour-coded lettering on their tyres :mrgreen:
Hi and welcome :thumbup:

The blue covering on the white lettering, I am sure thats a protective 'skin' to ensure the white lettering stays white, during shipping and fitting.
In Texas, I had new tyres fitted to another 4x4 and the lettering was blue, but simply washed off with warm soapy water.

Graham

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
Graham said:
Andrew Prince said:
Welcome :text-welcomewave: - you must be the first member to have colour-coded lettering on their tyres :mrgreen:
Hi and welcome :thumbup:

The blue covering on the white lettering, I am sure thats a protective 'skin' to ensure the white lettering stays white, during shipping and fitting.
In Texas, I had new tyres fitted to another 4x4 and the lettering was blue, but simply washed off with warm soapy water.

Graham
Hi welcome and yes it is a wax to protect the lettering during shipping. Either wash off with warm soapy water or let the rain do it for you :lol:

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Y'know, I have a feeling that J66P might just already know that? Not sure that anyone was actually suggesting that the letters were blue. Were they?

Chris

J66P

Oct 26, 2010
Balby, Doncaster
Cossack said:
Welcome to the club, we've got a good new member here, he's bought a Toyota, the best tyres (IMO) only been a member for one day and made his first post already :clap: , all that's needed now is a bit of mud :lol:
Chas
not being too shy but its hard to get mud on it, unlike my Jeep it stays under the archs

DSC_0028.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture179.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture049.jpg

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Crispin said:
Speak to Tony and a front locker - It's harsh on the drive shafts. Or was that the driver :whistle: :whistle: :lol:
erm..... nothing to see here move along :whistle:

J66P said:
lockers breaking things are down to drivers, Jeep had them and I never broke anything, others break things all the time :thumbup:
Learning that very fast... front locker on a 90 makes it a really capable vehicle. :think:

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Yeah fitted by previous owner (Chris on this site). It's a ARB RD90 Air Locker by Devon 4x4.... I'm the current custodian of Lil'Blue:

860409460_Nuzpa-M.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks