Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Flint

flint

Supporter
I’ve been on the forum for a while, but I don’t think that I introduced myself when I joined. So:
My name is Tim, I’m from London but for the last 30 years, I’ve lived on a small hill farm in Wales. Before moving here, I used to run trucks over to mainland Europe.
My ’97 auto Colorado is pretty standard apart from a 2” lift and BFG A/Ts, “showroom condition” it isn’t ! I’ve had to repair a fair bit of rust damage and replace or repair various other bits and bobs, but generally it’s been pretty dependable. It earns its keep here. 4X4s in the past include LRs and a Unimog. Still looking for that elusive reasonably priced 80 or 100 series in exceptionally good order…….. One day before bits start dropping off (me not the Colorado), it would be nice to go back to N.Africa again and go a bit further down this time.

Reactions: Ben
Hey Flint, nice intro and good to have a fellow late introducer like me on the forum.

Best wishes

Richard

I don't think I introduced myself either:shifty:

Welcome Flint, there must be a story or 3 lurking behind that into :lol:

Welcome Tim to the most friendly forum going oh and don't forget the funniest full of banter on here as you may well of found out.

welcome Tim, from froggy France :) Rust, mmm, my collie is showing a lot of it now :( 12 crappy british winters before emmigrating !

Thank you. There's a wealth of friendly knowledge sharing to be found here...and some very funny bits and opinions too !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks. Sorry no pics yet, my camera's not working at the moment. My mobile must be getting on for 20+ years old (old enough to cause sniggers if I use it in public anyway) with no camera and I haven't bothered with a new one yet as there's no reception here.

Thinking about it, I've done the length of Flint many times on the A55 in a 60 or 80 Cruiser or on the BBird in another life :whistle:.

Strange, I’m sure I would have remembered that or at least felt something:astonished:

p.s. I live further south, past Aberystwyth.

Last edited:
Well, that gave me the incentive to have a look at my camera. It's one of those with a lens that slides out when switched on and it wasn't shifting. After a fair bit of fiddling, cursing, application of a drop of silicone grease
Tims LC95.jpg
and trying not to lose tiny screws, I seem to have fixed it, so here's my Colorado. As I said, no show stopper, but could be worse !

Back