Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from frejus

silvercruiser

Made it down to frejus with no issues with the LC. Fuel has not been a problem at all. Media hype one again.

I've been logging my fuel and got a constant 25mpg all the way down. That is with 5 people in the car, fully loaded boot, air-conditioning on, with cruise control set at 80mph. So didn't think that was too bad really. I managed 27 out of the old collie but had a lot lighter load on and no cruise control also Airton was off most of the time due to it being colder.

Are you still trying to convince yourself the 120 is better than your collie :lol:

Nah truth is i envy you mate i would very much like a newer cruiser but with what i've done to my truck nothing else compares so i'm stuck .

Enjoy your trip and don't forget some pics for us :thumbup:

Do they have a topless beach down that way :whistle:

Made it down to frejus with no issues with the LC. Fuel has not been a problem at all. Media hype one again.

I've been logging my fuel and got a constant 25mpg all the way down. That is with 5 people in the car, fully loaded boot, air-conditioning on, with cruise control set at 80mph. So didn't think that was too bad really. I managed 27 out of the old collie but had a lot lighter load on and no cruise control also Airton was off most of the time due to it being colder.

where is Frejus,Mate

Good to hear you are having great time, 120 should be very capable even when loaded.

Are you still trying to convince yourself the 120 is better than your collie :lol:

Nah truth is i envy you mate i would very much like a newer cruiser but with what i've done to my truck nothing else compares so i'm stuck .

Enjoy your trip and don't forget some pics for us :thumbup:

Do they have a topless beach down that way :whistle:

Thanks Shayne.

Topless beach, Oh yes :sunglasses::sunglasses:

The 120 is perfect i will admit to being a bit disappointed with 25mpg since it has the newer 5 speed auto.
but it was fully loaded so cant compare MPG against the Collie. it would improve if i stuck to 60 but thats just boring when your doing nearly 800 miles.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to hear you are having great time, 120 should be very capable even when loaded.

The 120 copes very well, it swallowed the luggage of five people, food, toys/lilos and my tools/spare fuel.
I honestly couldn't squeeze any more in the boot. it run pretty much all the way down on cruise control set at 80mph with the AC on. didn't drop any speed on any of the hills/inclines and still returned 25mpg.

So pretty happy with that. if only you could get a six speed auto box i reckon you could then squeeze 30mpg out of it.

On the note of the six speed autos does anyone know if the 150 has any more gears?

if you look at the other makes some are now using 8 speed boxes.

25mpg is what I get on mine too and I typically sit at 80mph.

It's amazing how the 120 eats the miles in comfort and certainly you don't arrive feeling shagged.

Enjoy the trip, pics or it never happened (the topless kind a re welcome too) :laughing:

Just made it to beaune on our way back. I kept the speed down to 70mph still on cruise control and no Aircon.
Managed 29mpg so pretty happy with that.

Back