Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Guildford

AMH

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and in fact never been on forums before!

Recently i have acquired a Land cruiser Colorado (KZJ95) 2002 / D4D engine AUTO; the guy who I got it off has put in a Hilux gearbox so the gears do not sync; you need to start on 2 then shift to D..i was wondering is it very difficult to get the correct gearbox?

Also, it may sound very silly - i know its a 4x4 but i do not like the way it handles around corners; any suggestions on how to make the ride more firmer/stable? I will not be taking it off road.

Many thanks All
Amin

hello Amin and welcome to the club.The gearbox issue is a mystery to me ? my understanding is that the Colorado and HiLux from the same years were essentially the same transmissions.Of course you would need to check that the box was fitted properly but as its an auto the ratios shouldn't make a difference.As for the handling make sure the anti roll bars are fitted & everything else is in order with the suspension .Apart from this a big 4x4 handles way different from an ordinary car - higher centre of gravity , lots more weight and longer suspension travel .

Back