Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Italy

angeloperego

Ciao.
First of all I'm sorry to be so late in introduce myself; second I'm very pleased in joining this wonderful and so useful Club.
My name is Angelo, I am 55, and I own proudly an LC HDJ 80 Turbodiesel, 1993, bought second hand in 1996.
Until now I've driven that beautiful car here and there in Middle East and Europe, with no troubles at all ( today 483.500 km on the clock).
I live in Monselice ( Colli Euganei, Padua, not so far away from Venice).
All the best to you all.
Many thanks.
Angelo

LC HDJ 80, 1993, 4,2L, Diesel Turbocharged, White. Totally original Toyota. No modifications at all.

Hi and welcome aboard. Sounds like another happy 80 owner :thumbup:

Welcome Angelo

That's a long time to own one vehicle but a Cruiser sort of gets to you like that. You are very brave admitting to no mods on this forum ;)

Err big end bearings? Or is it a 24 valver?
Not a mod, exactly, but quite important if a 12v engine.

Chris

Chris, my LC is 12V. Just today I've changed the BEBs : still in very good conditions, probably due to a careful maintenance ( oil change at 7500 km intervals, always Toyota motor oil).
I'd like to post the BEBs pics but I'm not able to do that. Sorry. Any suggestion to do that?
Ciao.
Angelo

LC HDJ 80; 1993; 12 V; 4,2L Diesel Turbocharged; White. Totally original Toyota. No modifications at all.

Really, fascinating. It's not generally the regularity of the oil change that is the main factor here. It is the type of oil. Not the quality you understand - but the specification. Hmm

Well to post pics you need to open an account (free) with someone like photobucket. You post the pics to that account and then paste the link into your post. There are posts on this on here already. It's really easy.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ecky Thump said:
Welcome Angelo

That's a long time to own one vehicle but a Cruiser sort of gets to you like that. You are very brave admitting to no mods on this forum ;)

Hi Angelo;

Finally someone who can teach us a thing or two about pasta.
Preferably my other half because she always seems to screw it up.

On a more LC note, I think the vehicles are designed to be lived with.
Ample room, generally fairly quiet whilst driving and suspension that seems to walk over most obstacles.
As to quality, well Angelo's long term test drive is ample proof!!

Keep on trucking and enjoying the LC!!

Back