Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RESCUE1623

Country Flag
laos
Greetings to everyone, I have a VX80 which I have made modifications to hold equipment for rescue. My history of Rescues go as far back as 1993 in Malaysia of a building collapse. my most recent rescue is the 12 boys and the asst coach trapped in a cave. My specialty is in thermal imaging and communications. I searched for a vehicle which would enable me to transport equipment and provide mobile communications. Thus my decision was a VX80 I would like to find a manual if anyone has one. I want to share my ideas and give inspiration for those who Volunteer at rescue situations like me.

You can also see our rescue online by searching Vientiane Rescue 1623

Hi Rescue, welcome to the forum. Seems like you’ve found the ideal truck for the excellent work you do. @Firewout may be able to help with a manual or if you become a supporter for a small fee it opens up the document download section of the forum.

It would be great to see your truck and be shown around it and how you have set it up for your work, so post up some pics so we can take a look.

Good to have you aboard. Looking forward to hearing more on what you do. There’s a few of us on 4x4 Response groups in the UK which although is not dedicated rescue work (we are there to assist the emergency services at times of adverse weather) we could well be called to assist with rescue situations.

The rescue of the 12 boys, was that the one where the water rose up and they had to dive/swim out?

Best wishes
Rich

Last edited:
Hi rescue, you have a pm.
Welcome to the club and as Rich stated above : we like pictures! :icon-biggrin:

Welcome.. I like many others here watched that rescue of the 12 boys on our National news here in the UK.. Great work, Your a very brave bunch...:thumbup:

Greetings to everyone, I have a VX80 which I have made modifications to hold equipment for rescue. My history of Rescues go as far back as 1993 in Malaysia of a building collapse. my most recent rescue is the 12 boys and the asst coach trapped in a cave. My specialty is in thermal imaging and communications. I searched for a vehicle which would enable me to transport equipment and provide mobile communications. Thus my decision was a VX80 I would like to find a manual if anyone has one. I want to share my ideas and give inspiration for those who Volunteer at rescue situations like me.

You can also see our rescue online by searching Vientiane Rescue 1623

Hi Rescue, total respect :bow-blue:

Incredible that you use an 80, I’d have thought it would be some American GMC something or another, but no, only the best and toughest 4 wd ever produced :thumbup:

I was in Singapore a few weeks ago and we visited KL for the usual tourist attractions, didn’t see a single 80 during the whole trip.

As said, photos would be awesome or some links to videos to assuage our thirsts :pray:

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back