Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from London

Rosy

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi there folks, glad to be part of the club after meeting some of you at the adventure overland show.

Thanks to Stuart, KB, Karl and the other members whose names escape me now for making Marie and I feel so welcome after we gatecrashed your campsite! I look forward to learning from you all as we prepare our 80 for the short drive to Morocco and the longer drive to Mongolia after that (life choices permitting).

Some additional information as suggested by the template:
Your name: Roshantha or 'Rosy'
Your Cruiser: (1993 80 Series Manual, 160k miles)
Mods on your Cruiser: EFS lift kit and springs with airbag assist (not sure im keeping these)
Plans for your Cruiser: (Overland prep so electrics, storage, bumpers, tanks... the works!)
4x4 Experience: (often a passenger, limited driving but hey, everyone has to start somewhere right!)

thanks for looking in!
Rosy

Welcome Rosy,

If you need any Morocco advice just shout, on my way out next week :)

I'm going nowhere near Morocco, but anyway, welcome to the forum Rosy!

Pictures are obligatory, so we look forward to some of your cruiser and other trips !

Last edited:
Welcome Rosy, if you enjoyed Stratford you must come to the gathering at Lincomb it's very similar in entertainment value plus you are able to do a bit of off roading and friendly competition.

I look forward to learning from you all as we prepare our 80 for the short drive to Morocco and the longer drive to Mongolia after that (life choices permitting).
thanks for looking in!
Rosy[/QUOTE]

Likewise Rosy. If you need any advice on Mongolia, ping me a message. I know the country well after driving around for 10,000 km.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi rosy and welcome and Clive said we like :banana-gotpics:

Hi Rosy.
Glad you found us.
Sorry i didn't catch you before you left. I hope you gave Trevor a hard time :)
I'm sure we will be seeing you again. Be sure to try and make it to lincomb so you can get an idea what the 80 is capable of.
Karl

Hi Rosy and welcome. As already said, pics are obligatory on here I'm afraid. Sorry we didn't bump into you at the AO.

Nice intro BTW.

Best wishes
Richard

Hey,

Welcome to the group. And welcome to landcruisers. ( from the SE London area ).

- KB

I'm going nowhere near Morocco, but anyway, welcome to the forum Rosy!

Pictures are obligatory, so we look forward to some of your cruiser and other trips !

And I am 1000% not going anywhere remotely near Morocco

Gra.

thanks guys,

@MarkW - good luck with your upcoming trip!

@Mojo - wow that sounds like an epic tour, i will certainly be picking your brains over the next couple of months.

a few pics as requested.. 10 points to anyone who can identify the last one (which isn't ours).

IMG_6186.jpg IMG_6196.jpg IMG_5707.jpg IMG_5731.jpg

Welcome Rosy, great intro. Sadly I couldn't make the AO show this year, so missed out on meeting the new members that attended. Nice to see another member from the south east, we're getting a few members in and around London.

Good luck with your 80 build.

Welcome mate!

a few pics as requested.. 10 points to anyone who can identify the last one (which isn't ours).

I believe the last picture is the Lamborghini LM002.

If my memory serves me correctly it's got the 5.7l engine and only 200 were made.

More importantly, I believe your cruiser belonged to a past member here and there is reasonable write up on its build...

Edit... Think this might be of interest.
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-overland-build-keep-it-simple.142281/

Last edited:
Great photos, especially the one with the tree. :)

:text-+1:on that Rich.

What the feck is that Lamborghini LM002 thingy? it looks like a designer's worst nightmare, not one thing or another, scary...

A fine looking truck there Rosy, well prepared and without losing the classic 80 lines. :cool:

@dyladams 10 points to you! I cant attest to its off-road capability but it does sound sweet when the occasionally fire it up! Also thanks for the link, i didn't realise mike kept such a comprehensive log of his modifications

@dyladams 10 points to you! I cant attest to its off-road capability but it does sound sweet when the occasionally fire it up! Also thanks for the link, i didn't realise mike kept such a comprehensive log of his modifications

Glad the link was of interest to you! It's always nice when you buy a used car and there is proof that the previous owner put some love / work into the vehicle.

With the LM002 - I remember seeing one as a Kid and couldn't believe how big it was! Since then I have seen 6 or 7 of them. Think they are starting to go for some really good money as they are now becoming exotic collector items.

:text-+1:on that Rich.

What the feck is that Lamborghini LM002 thingy? it looks like a designer's worst nightmare, not one thing or another, scary...

I tend to think that maybe the Lamborghini designers were only issued with rulers and squares for a time. Then, one Christmas, someone got them all new geometry sets with eclipses and bendy things, and the world was a better place. :)

Back