Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from long time lurker

br1anuk

Hi Ive been lurking on the forum for a while now trying to pick up as much information as possible in my quest to find a good condition, low mileage, manual, D4-D Colorado GX.
Well thankfully its now over after 6 months of looking, I'm now the proud owner of an ex Toyota Management and one owner dark green car with the above spec. It came with a full spare wheel cover, wind deflectors and a genuine toyota stainless steel bull bar which I took off 5 minutes after getting home. I'm putting that on eBay as well as a set off Bridgestone dueller tyres which are nearly new.
Ive ordered a set of BF Goodrich All terrain KO2's from oponeo.
Hopefully at the weekend I'll be able to give it a good check over, but its looking good so far. The only problem with the car is the previous owners who had it for 13 years were heavy smokers and there are some burns on the seats and door panels which I need to replace and theres the underlying smell off tobacco in the car.

Brian.

Welcome Brian and well done having 6 months of patience to find the right truck i hope you enjoy it :thumbup:

I need to spend some time checking it over so that I'm happy with it, but its looking pretty good at the minute. I think the rear diff lock is actually working!!!
I engaged it in 4 low before and turned the switch and the red x light came on solid?

I can never remember what the lights do but i'm thinking that's your centre diff locked . The rear diff is electric and the switch is above your right knee . It's the rear that normally seizes through lack of use .

IMG_4967.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aw i washed mine last year and you have me thinking maybe its time i did it again :icon-cry: thats a very shiny new toy :thumbup:

Cheers,thats why I took the photos because it won't look like that for long.
Just a note for anyone else who's looking for a similar car, they are out there but you must strike fast as in my experience the good ones were gone in 4 hours of being advertised.

Brian.

As for the smell i'm told bicarb of soda is supposed to absorb most shake n vac style .

Don't know if it works i smoke like a chimney :lol:

Last edited:
Well done on the purchase Brian and welcome to the forum as an honest member!

Smokers are their own worst enemy IMO. I've always smoked in my cars, but only with the window open and with extreme care with regard to burns and other related damage. I see cars with the ashtray brimming and yet I've had cars from new never using the ashtray.

As a non smoker, I think the smell will soon disappear over time, especially if you can tolerate some fragrant items which seem to be flooding the market these days. Air-Wick do an item which looks fairly heavy duty, you could leave it in the truck each night even if it's a bit overwhelming to have in the vehicle all the time.

Interior trim will come clean if it's stained, it's just a matter of time and a bit of work each weekend wiping over surfaces with a cleaning product. If that doesn't work, you could always start smoking... :lol:

Anyway, a beautiful truck you have there. It will give you years of pleasure and a never-ending hobby and drain on the bank account :icon-cool:

yuk hate smell of baccy in a car - I am an ex smoker, but after 20 odd years could still smoke a Malborough! I much prefer the smell of damp dog nowadays :)

Welcome btw, nice shiney cruiser!

yuk hate smell of baccy in a car - I am an ex smoker, but after 20 odd years could still smoke a Malborough!

I'm an ex smoker too, two and a half months and counting. :pray:

Back