Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Mid-Sussex

NuisanceFactor

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Hello,

I'm Barry and I'm from Mid-Sussex. Very recently I bought a 2001 Amazon v8 with 134k on the clock. The only current modifications appear to be scuffs at each corner of the bumpers, a medium sized dent in the upper tailgate, a small dent in the driver's door, offside fog light is is full of mud and the tailgate-lock bezel is missing :o

Have been looking for a comfortable/reliable car for a while and hope that I've finally found it. It'll certainly be able to cope with the small trailer-tent that I want to tow with it once I find a suitably good tow bar that won't interfere with the rear parking sensors.

As I want this car to last for a while, the first job will be to change the timing belt (along with water pump etc) as I can't find an invoice to suggest it's been done and phone calls to the companies that have worked on the car reveal that no-one has any record of it being done :(

Then it needs a full service, the fluids changed, gaiters replaced and a tow bar fitted. Then I'll have the underbody and chassis cleaned and protected. Then we'll move on to cleaning the bodywork up a bit.

No plans to offroad it as seriously as some of you appear to, and it's poise and steering remind me of the Joyce Grenfell song "Old Time Dancing: - 'Stately as a galleon, I sail across the floor'" (www.youtube.com/watch?v=clOdyzP9fcw), it's made quite a difference to my driving style too, as there appears to be no need to hurry anywhere :)

my100seriesFront.png

:)

Welcome!

I do like the 100s. They have a nice presence about them on the road.

At 134k it's just been broken-in so get the fluids and belts changed and enjoy.

Hi Barry and welcome. Looks like you've got yourself a nice truck there.

Whereabouts in mid Sussex are you? I'm in Bognor but get around the county fairly regularly with Sussex 4x4 Response.

Good to have you aboard, good intro.

Best wishes

Richard

Welcome to the forum Barry, nice truck, put on yer dancin' shoes !!

Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's good to be here, Richard, I'm in Haywards Heath and will be posting loads of questions as I endeavour to bring the truck up to scratch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's good to be here, Richard, I'm in Haywards Heath and will be posting loads of questions as I endeavour to bring the truck up to scratch.
I have a cousin in Haywards Heath. :)

You will get lots of good info around here. Looking forward with your projects.

Hello,

I'm Barry and I'm from Mid-Sussex.

:)

Nice truck...I'm looking for something similar, may I ask how much you paid? I was looking for a diesel but a bit worried about what the gov are going to tax me now that diesel engines are the spawn of Satan.

Also I'm based in Brighton and so may see you around.

Back