Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from NE Scotland

wjamie

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Hello to everyone. Just bought a new LC 150 Active and taking delivery on the 17th of December. Replacing 2019 Jimny so just a bit bigger. Looking to mildy modify to support overlanding within Europe. AT tyres, possible suspension lift, load bars/roof rack underbody protection etc etc. Looking forward to some European road trips.

Hello wjamie.congratulations on your new purchase.

+ 1 with Karl, definitely!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Karl2000 where would you recommend to get it rust proofed close to the NE Scotland?

Wjamie congratulations for your LC what was your experience with the Jimmy?

Sabilico - Jimny was/is a great car. Took delivery of it new in March 2019. Trade it in last week for the new LC150 and got £500 more than I paid for it. Drove it to Spain twice and went off road in the car on both occasions. Amazing what it can do. Thoroughly recommend and if I was able to buy another new one I would most likely have bought another new one. But just not possible or very difficult to get your hands on one and only the commercial version now available. Range was relatively short at about 300 miles so looking forward to the longer range of the LC and the ability to carry more kit.

@sablico13 sorry I can't recommend anywhere - but there's lots of threads and recommendations on here about rust proofing. Lots of methods and different opinions, so well worth a bit of research time!

Wjamie – Excellent you got money back after using it for 2 years amazing. I was not sure how good they were but it is nice to hear all those good comments. I wonder why is so difficult to find them (no commercial version). I am sure you will be very pleased with the LC150.

All the best enjoy it and don’t forget to post some pictures.

Karl2000 no problem – I have done plenty of research and I think the closest place to NE Scotland that seems to be good is in Glasgow. I made an appointment this year. Unfortunately, due to work commitments I had to cancel it (It is 3 hours’ drive there – one way). So, I guess it has to be next year. I have already covered the LC and most likely it will not be moved until April next year.

That is a good tip thanks. Do you know how easy is to apply or is it very messy?

It's easy to apply, and it's a thin clear coat so you're not covering up problems. Have a look on YouTube theyve got people spraying the stuff on there. Try and stay clear of the brake discs and the exhaust but pretty much everything else you can spray. Even if you don't do a perfect job it's better than nothing!

Oh, and get it on axle stands/blocks, to get the weight off and prevent flat spots if you dont intend to move it until Apri.
Maybe get the wheels/tyres off and in dry storage if you can, and make sure your antifreeze is good. Sorry if you already thought of it.

Or

Both ‘fairly’ close (loosely used term) but both use Dinitrol only and have good reviews.

Back