Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from new owner.

fbnss

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hello everyone. I'm nick from Watford. Been reading your site for a few months now dreaming of getting an 80 series landcruiser. Had a surf for the last 2 1/2 years and it's been a joy.
Then last Thursday a bloke at work offered me what I'd payed for it and couldn't refuse. So I went and got one Sunday ( well picking it up this Saturday) it's the one that was on overland cruisers, there's a thread here mentioning it somewhere, green 80 diesel with 115000 miles on it. ( not figured out the hdj80/1 stuff yet)
Im a little bit excited. See you all around!

Very nice and welcome to the club. Lots of pictures required when it arrives. It looks a very nice truck.

Thanks. I'm sitting in my lorry trying to upload them from my phone. Only got two so far plus what was on eBay etc. will have plenty on Saturday. :icon-biggrin:

There is a limit you need to exceed first before you can post pictures I think. Last I remember it was 15 posts so keep chatting and you will soon reach that.

Ah I see. At the moment I'm sat in bookers with two pallets of white lightening. I just do multi drop round St. Albans, welwyn, Hatfield area. Class 2.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Feeling a lil bit guilty about raiding my savings but I'm sure I'll get over it.

To be honest it was somebody else's savings, bless you grandma. I normally save up for things though. Just I thought when it came to sell my hilux nobody would offer me what I wanted when I wanted so off "turd" went.

Looked like a good truck from the photos.
Welcome. I'm sure you won't look back buying an 80 :dance:

I don't know much about motors but except for 3 little dots of rust on the tailgate it seemed immaculate. A lot cleaner than the surf I sold of the same age. And it's the only one I've seen advertised where the drivers seat didn't have a rip in it.

Welcome to the club Nick, congratulations on bagging yourself what sounds like a great 80, glad to see another tidy 80 added to the clubs ranks.

Don't worry about spending your inheritance, the 80 is probably a safer bet than a savings account! Nip the rust in the bud asap, take care of the 80 and it'll take care of you. If I remember the ad correctly, all three difflocks were working, if so thats a great start.

Enjoy your new toy, and get yourself along to the next club meet at Lincomb, the UK's biggest gathering of Land Cruisers.

Welcome to the forum Nick! Welcome to 80 land too!

Karl's your man for parts, especially used parts. I don't know what photos the others are talking about, but I'm sure you'll post your own up soon enough.

We like pics on this show!

:banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics:

PS nice intro by the way! A lot better than "my 80's broken, how do I fix it?" like we get all too often :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Yes all three diff locks worked. I'm afraid thats about the only thing i asked. I figured it must be all right as he took it up to overland cruisers for a check up. Its got 5 newish bfgs, rock sliders and lifted a little bit.
Could someone make Saturday hurry up please!?!?

Saturday will soon come.
im looking forward to Saturday as well.
You will have a grin that's for sure.:icon-biggrin:

Welcome and congrats on the purchase, don't worry about the savings they're great trucks and worth every penny

Hi and welcome aboard. Cracking looking 80 you have there and a great colour too:thumbup:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

Back