IMG_0034.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN8648.jpg
    DSCN8648.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN8646.jpg
    DSCN8646.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 125
Great looking truck, you got plans for it?

Welcome, btw :)

Jim.

Sure do,

EMU shocks and springs in two months +2inch
Either recon 2lt or drop lexus in depends what the economy is doing and diesel vrs petrol dont know yet.
Have you got 2lt in yours or 3lt turbo?
Had a look at some of you pics with your truck. Cool truck too. Me and my wife do similar stuff like surfing and motorcross aswell as fishng. Use the truck for all of them works well.

?

Heres a link to some of the dunes we go traveling to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyInXdC3C0

Great looking truck...

awesome little video.. :D

The Lexus LS400 engine does about 25 mpg in my mates surf around town and nearly 30 mpg motorway driving.. :mrgreen:

anyway welcome to the forum....

Nice video, its a while since I've heard some Korn :cool:

Why the engine swap? You got a 2lt in there now right? Any trouble with it apart from it being a bit on the slow side?

need turbo overhauled.
getting second compression test and valve leak test, then will take it from there.
If it just needs new valves(new head) then will keep and do turbo. If not either recon engine or engine swap.
I dont know wether to go for the lexus or 1kze
any ideas?

2lt is good just for the truck, I tow my bikes arround on sand dunes so the power would be good considering you towing a 5m trailer and two quads through soft sand. But its been handling for know. I can't stand the people who knock the 2lt, absolutly nothing wrong with this motor. People are like crack this crack that. My family member has the 1996 prado later model and his radiator just exploded and cracked his head and thats on a 1kze so I mean it just depends how you treat your truck. I treat mine good. And give it gas when she needs it. But people dont understand they arnt no sports car, they are meant for heavy terrain and i dont see anyone flying through that kind of shit.

Anyways i could go on and on. But you guys probably know what Im talking about anyways

Regards, Input would be cool

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
haha yeh they ain't bad...

I had a few Surfs and they still went everywhere...
I think the choice of what to do with your engine depends on what you want to do with it...
Towing, off-roading and towing in sand keep a Diesel... But that is just my opinion..

either the 2.4 or 3ltr will do I think..
I never had any trouble with my 2.4 and I abused it, off-roaded it hard, towed with it and at well over 200k miles it was still going strong...
Snapped the cambelt the night before it was due in to be done... :lol:

lj78nz said:
need turbo overhauled.
getting second compression test and valve leak test, then will take it from there.
If it just needs new valves(new head) then will keep and do turbo. If not either recon engine or engine swap.
I dont know wether to go for the lexus or 1kze
any ideas?

2lt is good just for the truck, I tow my bikes arround on sand dunes so the power would be good considering you towing a 5m trailer and two quads through soft sand. But its been handling for know. I can't stand the people who knock the 2lt, absolutly nothing wrong with this motor. People are like crack this crack that. My family member has the 1996 prado later model and his radiator just exploded and cracked his head and thats on a 1kze so I mean it just depends how you treat your truck. I treat mine good. And give it gas when she needs it. But people dont understand they arnt no sports car, they are meant for heavy terrain and i dont see anyone flying through that kind of shit.

Anyways i could go on and on. But you guys probably know what Im talking about anyways

Regards, Input would be cool

Back