Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from South Wales

outdoordan

Supporter
Hi everyone... I'm Dan, used to live in France, now happily returned to South Wales. Was an active member of tlocuk but got pointed over here some time ago.

Taking delivery of a Spanish BJ73 next weekend. Will post pics when it arrives.

Its partially stripped down... the body is coming off and being resprayed, the chassis sprayed (i think) and anything obviously shagged will be replaced.

Its got a 4 cylinder vm so will probably replace the CHG's... one of the rocker boxes is split I've been told so I'll be looking for a nice new shiny set of those.

There won't be any mods.... maybe one day I'll stick a more modern turbo lump in, but in no rush.

In 2010 I bought a broken down BJ73 from a fella in Valencia... smae engine. Spent a few months rebuilding it and replacing all the broken and missing parts. Photo below. I eventually sold it because I couldn't register it in France... French bureaucracy... it still makes my blood boil.

When I got back to the UK in september '14 I discovered how easy it is to register imported cars over here and I've been looking for another ever since.

I can't wait to start work on it.

Here's a list of things I know I'll need, if anyone can help... A steering wheel, a set of 4 cyl VM rocker boxes, 2 fog lights, a set of the original 15' steel rims (as fitted to my old one in the photo below) and an older style mesh front grille (like the one in the photo below) to replace the chrome monstrosity it currently has fitted.

As soon as I get it in the garage I'll u/l photos.

Here's the old one...

And thanks for the help already offered... hoping to see a few familiar faces from tlocuk.

Cheers

OD

13308678_811197552344597_301284878166467790_o.jpg

Hi Dan and welcome. Nice looking truck there, sounds like you'll have another very soon. There's one almost exactly like your old one on eBay at the moment in Ibiza. Looking forward to pics of the new truck.

Best wishes
Richard

Hi from South Wales Dan very few Cruisers around here imo .

Hi Tony

Welcome to the club, thats a nice looking 70. Keep us posted on how its going.

Cheers Roy

Back