Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from sunny Kent!

Tom Mc

Applying the template :)

Your name: Tom McIntyre
Your Cruiser: 80 series, 96 (N reg),104K miles, 4.5Ltr Petrol, white, VX
Mods on your Cruiser:none yet
Plans for your Cruiser: Firstly get it mechanically sound - not that it doesn't run right- but want to get it base-lined by one of the LC experts out there....

Then LPG conversion - much as I love Petrol - most of my driving will be local short runs for the coming year or two - so LPG appeals from an economy point of view...

Dump the touch screen DVD/TV/Radio/MP3 gadget with a french instruction manual and find something more suitable for the huge whole it will leave behind!

Longer term, short weekend off road breaks in UK - longer term - proper over-landing in Africa or who knows...probably as part of an organised group holiday in the first instance - no point being too ambitious right out of the blocks is there?

So probably small suspension lift, some original LC wheels (do 80 series run 18 inch wheels also?), some decent AT tyres, proper sliders (steps currently - but they dent very easily)

Then down to Julian in rural Gloucestershire for some more serious mods in prep for overseas

4x4 Experience: high kerbs all over the place :) plus one off road training course as an xmas present - great fun! and learnt somethin too..

So had an 80 4.2D (95) 115K miles about 6 years ago - px'd for a 100 series VX full active 4.2D - spent a fair bit with Julian and Ian Rubie replacing all4 accumulators, steering column motors, ignition barrell - and decided it was way too complicated and expensive to run as a second car - so bought a 90 Landrover (R reg, 115K miles) which I had all the way through 09 and sold in Aug 2010 for 500 more than I bought it - i know landy's a re tractors compared to LCs,but it was very reliable - very basic - very cheap to run and made a small profit when I sold it :)

so as it;s white car year this year (thats what I told myself) - bought a white 997, as main car, and the white LC for fun and everything else

Have spotted a few members in Kent on the Forums - so will be in touch, and right now am looking for good relaible LC mechanics in Kent/SE to start some of the work.

Rgds
Tom

80 Series|White| no mods| Petrol| Kent

Welcome :thumbup:

Looks like a project in the making.

I think you may come under the catchment area of Greg at Land Cruisers Overland

Welcome onboard Tom - looking forward to seeing how your 'habit' develops over the next few months :cool:

Cheers

Welcome Tom, I'm sure you'll fit in well on here.

Have a look at the 'Lincomb' club meet thread, in the 'Club Function Room' section. It's a great way of putting faces to names and having a play in your new toy, safe in the knowledge that there are people on hand to help and give advice.

Cheers,

Scott.

Back