Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Tennessee/UK!

80 Dan

Hey Everyone!
Just joined this board in search of wisdom :D

Im on Expo and IH8Mud, but could use the advice and knowledge from you guys.
Here's some info on my and my rig ...

Your name: Daniel
Your Cruiser: 1994 FZj80 with 1FZ-FE motor (currently)
Mods on your Cruiser: OME lift, ARB Bull bar, Hella spotlights, Warn winch, custom rear bumper with tyre carrier and fuel can holder, slee sliders, powdercoated black stock wheels with 305/70 Baja MTZ
Plans for your Cruiser: 1HD-FT diesel engine and 5 speed manual transmission swap
4x4 Experience: Mild off roading
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Own a Sierra trailer (modeled after the old M416 military trailer), for family camping trips. Planning a 3500 mile trip out to Yellowstone national park in 2013

So I sourced this 1HD-FT 5 speed manual truck which was bought into the US from Japan by the previous owner about 5 years ago. These engines are rare in the US as they were never offered over here. So ..... im having trouble sourcing parts.

Can you guys help?
Know where I can order from (aside from Mr Toyota)
Anyone got any leads on people parting out a 1HDFT?

Im living in the USA but originally from the UK with family there still, so I can have parts shipped to them if need be.

Thanks!
side.jpg

rear.jpg

welcome to the club Dan. :thumbup:

your truck looks very smart! :drool: :)

Welcome Dan!
Your truck looks great - as you've no doubt learnt, there are a fair few HD-FTs in the UK so parts are available, depending on what you're after. There are a couple of guys in the club that part-out 80s and should be able to help. (Try Karl Webster and Stef).

We have a member (Ian Rubie) who can get OEM toyota parts at very competitive prices, although shipping back to the US may be painful. I guess if Toy USA simply won't order in (HD-FT) parts for you, then I guess you don't have too much choice. You can get pretty much any part here, just a question of price.

The HD-FT is great in the 80 BTW :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Hi dan,

Great looking truck And looks really clean.

Thanks Andrew :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy and find the info you may need here :thumbup:

Karl

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbup:

Karl, I sent you an email through your website with a parts list

I'll also post a thread in the wanted section.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking truck Dan - you can post some pics of your trailer too if you like ;)

Cheers

Ask and you shall receive ;)

2010-11-13_14-55-08_605.jpg

2010-11-13_14-55-58_421.jpg

Company who built it are no longer in business. But I can leave anything alone so there will be mods :lol: Only had it 6 months, but plans include the following (funds permitting!!):

RTT
Tongue box with 2 deep cycle batteries to power trailer lights in tent and any misc electronics
80 wheels
Awning
Onboard water
Upgrade all lights to LED
2 x Jerry can mounts either side
2 x 5lb propane tanks

Why you ask ... well good question!
For this ...... (amongst other things)

trip.jpg

In 2013 my father and I are planning a 3500 mile trip out to Jackson Hole WY, then onto the Tetons, then into Yellowstone. From there we are going to Mount Rushmore before returning to Tennessee.

Found these pictures of my old 60 series. 3B turbo diesel. Great truck, wish I had kept it :(

attachment-3.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

attachment-4.jpg

Dan

Welcome to the home of Land Cruisers. Your truck is the DON and so much better than those other "trucks" pictured in the car park. Apart from the Jeep I wouldn't touch an American made 4x4 with a barge pole. I don't know who make the Infinity but I wouldn't touch that either, so all in all, you've made the best choice.

John

The Dark Dude

LOL :lol:

Thanks John, I agree 100%.

When I first moved over here from the UK, my then girlfriend had a Pontiac sunbird. It was a 3.1 V6. When I heard that, being from the UK where my first car was a 1.1l Ford Fiesta, I thought holy cow ... a V6!! All I can say is what a piece of crap!
Gutless and sitting on 4 honey pots - whatever you do, dont try and take a corner in the rain!! Oh and I could never get more that 80mph out the thing hahahah!!

Dont fancy the Jeeps either. Went to a Landcruiser trail ride last year - organised by the Landcruiser association over here. Trail 14 was shut down, as apparently a Jeep had showed up the day before and broke an axle :lol:

Oh yes, thats a very nice trailer Dan - I have a Sankey trailer that I am going to modify in a similar manner, sometime :roll: It looks like it has a telescopic tow arm on the front; is that to make it easier to handle/reverse on the road? Do you shorten it for offroading?

Nice 60 too :mrgreen:

Cheers

Gav Peter said:
Oh yes, thats a very nice trailer Dan - I have a Sankey trailer that I am going to modify in a similar manner, sometime :roll: It looks like it has a telescopic tow arm on the front; is that to make it easier to handle/reverse on the road? Do you shorten it for offroading?

Nice 60 too :mrgreen:

Cheers

Yup that the idea. Also you could adjust it if you were unevenly loaded to put more or less load on the tongue as needed. Ive also heard that shortening it for highway use saves on fuel, but I havent noticed a difference :roll:

Back