Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from the Great Lakes State

SeaWolf

Country Flag
united_states
Your name: Mike
Your Cruiser: 2014 200 with 18,600 miles
Mods on your Cruiser: No mods - plan to keep it mostly original for now
Plans for your Cruiser: Planning for a variety of local and cross country uses. Bought it so we can see it all.
4x4 Experience: None, really - so far...
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Joining the forum so I can learn more about these great vehicles since this is our first one. I hope to learn from everyone's experience.

It wasn't really time for us to buy another vehicle but I ran across a three year old 200 with under 20k miles and, knowing how rare a late model low mileage LC is to find, decided to pull the trigger. We have traveled overseas quite a bit and plan to use the LC to explore our own country. Seems like a good choice to me!

Hi Mike and welcome to this most friendly of forums. We're gradually getting more and more 200 owners but compared to the 80 series they're a bit thin on the ground. Still, there's plenty to read, especially trips and trip reports, that sort of thing.
I would strongly suggest you find a friendly local group that will teach you the basics of off road driving so that you can see what your vehicle can do. You will be surprised. Then go out and enjoy it and if you can go in a pair or group so much the better to be able to share knowledge.

We of course look forward to seeing pics of the truck and hearing any stories or trips you've made.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Richard

Thank you Richard,

I appreciate the warm welcome. We are just getting familiar with the vehicle now and am looking forward to finding some local trails and seeing what it will do. I hadn't thought of finding a local group and like the suggestion. I have a feeling that around here it will be one LC in a sea of Jeep Wranglers!

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike, you'll love the cruiser when you've had chance to see what it can do.

Take it step by step, and all will be good!

Photos are mandatory, so get out there and enjoy your patch to the full! ...and watch out for those pesky wranglers, but they'll soon scatter to let you through... :lol:

Here is a photo (as required).

So far, I have just added the bug guard to the hood. I don't think I can add anything else and still get it in my garage!

I did have a little issue which it seems several others here in the USA have had - there was no wiring harness for the trailer installed when I bought it. Lucky for me the dealer where I bought it did some digging and, even though it is three years old, got one ordered and installed. Heads up to any other 200 series buyer in the US - pester your dealer if it isn't installed. My local Toyota dealer quoted $400+ to order and install it. They don't see enough of these to know that it should be included and will give you a hard time, but keep pushing.

2017-08-06_17-20-08_506.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What engine is in it Mike?

My boss's has a V8 diesel, and I'm sure yours doesn't :lol:

V8 - yes (5.7l)
Diesel - no
As you may know, our friends at GM ruined diesels for a generation here in the US. We were headed toward finally seeing a turn but expect VW set us back once again.

I love the diesels I drive overseas but have stopped holding my breath to see them here.

V8 - yes (5.7l)
Diesel - no
As you may know, our friends at GM ruined diesels for a generation here in the US. We were headed toward finally seeing a turn but expect VW set us back once again.

I love the diesels I drive overseas but have stopped holding my breath to see them here.

Well times are a changing as the song says, and diesels are now the butt-end of the fossil fuel monsters, it seems. The U.K. has just announced no new petrol or diesel driven vehicles allowed from 2040, so we have to enjoy them while they last...

Nice, a petrol 5.7 V8 must be sufficient, I'd imagine. Scope for a couple of super chargers too, no doubt! :lol:

I like the idea of super chargers but that is going to need to wait a few years - the Wife Acceptance Factor was stretched to the limit to get the LC, mods beyond the bug guard are for dreaming at this point. I really can't imagine needing more than the 5.7l unless I lived high in the mountains.

The '04 Highlander used to be the "Big" vehicle in the family, and it doesn't look very big when it's sitting next to the LC!

Back