Hello from the west of Ireland.

Bennyc

I am in ireland
Nov 14, 2018
Hello.

My name is breandan. I’m living in doolin in Clare Ireland.
Iv a Toyota lj70 with a couple of years. Going great but a bit rusty underneath in fairness it’s never let me doing and it could be left for weeks and always starts with out a jump. Have had some great adventures in it.
Iv managed to buy a lj78 lately been trying to get one with ages not easy to get these days it’s solid everywhere it’s been stored in a garage for a couple of years needs a little tiding and an engine. There’s a 2.4 in it with no turbo. Don’t ask why I bought it from a russsn.
I also last night bought a 1999 90 series landcruiser with a 1kz-te engine so need advice on what the best way to approach the swap I’ll start a thread later today and try and get a few pictures also.
Iv also a few other cars iv a 98 e36 m3 saloon gone through a massive restoration in the middle of getting the engine rebuilt at the monument. Iv a e30 325 sport also and a Renault Clio 182 cup too. I drive a transit custom for work I’m a Electrican.
Many lads on here from Ireland.?

Bob

Supporter
I am in ireland
Jun 30, 2011
Co.Carlow - Ireland
Hi Brendan, I'm over on the Carlow/Wicklow border. The swap of a kz into a 70 should be straight forward enough, as the later 70 series came with that engine too. I'm sure others would know more though

Bennyc

I am in ireland
Nov 14, 2018
Here’s a couple of pictures of my collection (so far)
The m3. Fully resprayed

A98C7670-B775-41BF-9B0E-A9891C688BDF.jpeg

The e30 325. Needs restoring 722A7C01-086C-4577-925E-B269C38D3AA0.jpeg B2251654-0C08-471A-92EF-7CA93C39057C.jpeg

The lj70. Needs a lot of work underneath 4ED1BAC3-EED3-408F-B542-19890C0F70DD.jpeg

And the Clio. It’s a great fun car. Probably not going to keep it much longer no good with a wire and two kids. But nice to have it all the same. 948F758E-6EFE-4586-8E22-8C70EAEC9341.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Jake the Peg

Supporter
I am in scotland
Aug 17, 2018
Highlands
Love the E30, same as I had as a yoof, it got beat to death every time the keys were in it, but broke a fair bit, still did 100k in 3.5 yrs and I got£500 less than I paid for it when I sold it!

karl webster

Land Cruiser Club sponsor
Promoted Company
Guru
Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company
May 20, 2010
ashbourne derbyshire
welcome breandon.

Love the bemmas. had a few e30s and e36s over the years. sold my convertable m3 evo few years back. whish i had them all now.

goodoldboy

Apr 30, 2010
Hello.

My name is breandan. I’m living in doolin in Clare Ireland.
Iv a Toyota lj70 with a couple of years. Going great but a bit rusty underneath in fairness it’s never let me doing and it could be left for weeks and always starts with out a jump. Have had some great adventures in it.
Iv managed to buy a lj78 lately been trying to get one with ages not easy to get these days it’s solid everywhere it’s been stored in a garage for a couple of years needs a little tiding and an engine. There’s a 2.4 in it with no turbo. Don’t ask why I bought it from a russsn.
I also last night bought a 1999 90 series landcruiser with a 1kz-te engine so need advice on what the best way to approach the swap I’ll start a thread later today and try and get a few pictures also.
Iv also a few other cars iv a 98 e36 m3 saloon gone through a massive restoration in the middle of getting the engine rebuilt at the monument. Iv a e30 325 sport also and a Renault Clio 182 cup too. I drive a transit custom for work I’m a Electrican.
Many lads on here from Ireland.?
Sounds like quite a fleet you've got there. Welcome to the forum & thanks for the photos - we love photos!

Reactions: clivehorridge

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
I am in uk
Oct 7, 2014
Bognor Regis UK
Garage
Hi Breandan and welcome. You’ve sure got a nice collection going there. Looks like the Emerald isle is a good place to be a sparkie. :lol:

Seems like you don’t hang around with your projects so I wish you luck with the engine install. You’ve come to the right place for help from a great bunch of people.
Look forward to seeing it completed.

Bennyc

I am in ireland
Nov 14, 2018
Thanks lads

Defo be looking for info for the landcruiser. It might look like I get on with my projects quickly but in fact in don’t. The m3 is going on 3 years and I haven’t done a bit with it. It’s in garage which specializes in high end cars. Lots of restorations going on. Here’s a pic of my m3 engine it’s nearly read to back in.

FD29F234-79EF-4F5D-A935-843DA0B2BA8C.jpeg

With work and 2 kids a 2 year old and a 6 month old I don’t get a hole lot for working on my cars. I’m not back to work fully till Monday so I’m trying to get as much done this week as possible.

Reactions: clivehorridge
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks