Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello Peeps!

Nice truck there Tony :thumbup:. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks mint! How well do they fare underneath for corrosion? Which engine does it have, I think some had the 1KZTE like Shayne's 90 but later ones different?

Welcome aboard Tony, very nice truck.
I have always liked the Surf ever since I first saw one

It is a 1KZ-te same engine as mine - i was going to ask what you might charge to scrub mine up like that Tony :)

upload_2017-9-22_9-55-15.jpeg

Nice truck there Tony :thumbup:. Thanks for posting the pics. It looks mint! How well do they fare underneath for corrosion? Which engine does it have, I think some had the 1KZTE like Shayne's 90 but later ones different?

Thanks buddy, this one has been very good to be fair, only due to me treating it every year to preserve it, have seen some which are terrible, just all depends on where you live and how you look after them really.

Yes it is a 1KZ-TE thats in it, has been good as gold since we have owned it, Temps only crept up once whilst we had it in Cyprus back in 2014 and then a couple times here with the last being in June when it started spitting the water out so knew it was time i replaced the head, which has now been done along with a few safeguarding upgrades.lol.

Sounds like you're on top of things really well there Tony. If Toyotas in general are looked after then there's no reason they shouldn't last. It's keeping the tin worm at bay on the newer trucks that seems to be tricky these days.

It is a 1KZ-te same engine as mine - i was going to ask what you might charge to scrub mine up like that Tony :)

View attachment 133350

To be honest it aint as hard as you think, as long as you have the right chemicals it works perfectly.
Talking about cleaning i need to redo it now I've had the head off and all the bits in the bay as its a little more dirty than that now...lol.

Needs a good going over as its overdue.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like you're on top of things really well there Tony. If Toyotas in general are looked after then there's no reason they shouldn't last. It's keeping the tin worm at bay on the newer trucks that seems to be tricky these days.

Yes mate, you have to as if you leave them too long you will never get on top, I've always loved the Jap cars i have 3 Toyotas and 2 Nissans. Toyota are almost bullet proof tho.

Back