Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello....

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just wanted to say "Hello" and introduce myself.....I've come over from the other side. ;)

I have a '97 UK Colorado 3.4VX with a LPG conversion running completely bog standard other than a SS exhaust system. I'm looking to do some relatively minor mods in the future and will more than likely need all the help I can get! :)

Cheers,

Hello and welcome. Glad you found us :D

Minor mods. Yeah that's what I said when I started. Eh, Tony?

Welcome

Chris

They will be minor mods to you guys, I sure but pretty major to me, as I intend to do them myself - if you know what I mean..... ;)

TBH most of the stuff isn't really mods as such, more a case of replacing the tired and worn OEM components; stuff that is on my "to-do" list (not in any particular order)

1. Replace springs and shocks (this will be an Ironman 40mm lift kit from WC4X4)
2. Replace radiator and anti-freeze with Toyota "Red" coolant.
3. Replace the worn 265/70R16 Dunlop Grandtreks with 265/75R16 AT (yet undecided but maybe GG AT2 or Hankook Dynapro RF10).
4. Replace cambelt - it had the original done at 66k now on 130k so overdue. Not sure whether to change the water pump at this point?
5. Change all oils - I've just bought all the engine/AT/transfer/diff oils from Opie oils and went the "upgrade" route, so it will be fully synth all-round.
6. Change the steering bushes
7. Change the ARB/various bushes
8. Check/overhaul the brakes and change brake fluid

I know most of you will look at that list and think "pah, simples" but that's a pretty ambitious list for me, so I'm sure I'll be starting new threads in the 90 section as and when I do these - so please bear with me! :? ;) :roll:

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back