Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello!

dpee

Country Flag
philippines
Hi,

I'm Chris, I drive a 1998 105-series, that now has 200,000kms. It used to be a UN service vehicle in my country, and the previous passengers attested to its hardiness. It's my first LC and my first 4x4, so I hopped online to get to know more about the truck.

That being said, I have not driven it off-road yet, as I don't know the basics of doing it.

Welcome to the forum dpee, looks a great truck. 105's are highly regarded over here.

Welcome, great to see another 105 join the ranks. Well done with your first 4x4 purchase, you've managed to by probably the best combination of rugged design, reliable, comfortable and capable truck available. What engine does yours have?

Try getting yourself on an offroad driving course, it'll be money very well spent. You'll then be confident to use the 105's offroad abilities with out damaging it (they're wide trucks). They're very capable vehicles as standard.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome, great to see another 105 join the ranks. Well done with your first 4x4 purchase, you've managed to by probably the best combination of rugged design, reliable, comfortable and capable truck available. What engine does yours have?

Try getting yourself on an offroad driving course, it'll be money very well spent. You'll then be confident to use the 105's offroad abilities with out damaging it (they're wide trucks). They're very capable vehicles as standard.

The truck has a 4.5L i6 engine and has a very serious drinking problem! I will enroll in a class as soon as time and money permit.

Cheers!

Hi,

That being said, I have not driven it off-road yet, as I don't know the basics of doing it.

Hi and welcome to the club. I guess you might be based in Luzon? You will have plenty of places to go and practice. The lower slopes of Mt. Pinatubo, might be a place to start offroading. Find an active friendly club and tag along.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Only slightly envious of you getting a 105.... :eusa-snooty: she looks a beauty too...

Welcome to the forum Chris :thumbup:

That petrol engine is the smoothest in the whole t0yota range. Might be a bit thirsty, but a dream to drive, just pulls and pulls all the way, from take off to Autobahn. I6 is the way to go.
A 105 with that engine must be the best from 3 worlds.

Thanks everyone!

The truck has a 4.5L i6 engine and has a very serious drinking problem! I will enroll in a class as soon as time and money permit.

Cheers!
The 4.5, same as mine.
That petrol engine is the smoothest in the whole t0yota range. Might be a bit thirsty, but a dream to drive, just pulls and pulls all the way, from take off to Autobahn. I6 is the way to go.
A 105 with that engine must be the best from 3 worlds.
Agreed, the 4.5 is a lovely engine, mine is so quiet which is a real benefit when game viewing. Yes they can be a bit thirsty, especially if you drive them hard, but they're so refined. My MOT tester was impressed at how smooth, quiet and clean my engine was when he was examining the car. He said that it looked and sounded factory fresh, which is surprising for a 20 year old 4x4.

The engines in the large Land Cruisers are simple, well engineered and un strained. Look after it and it'll look after you.

Back