Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help!! Help needed with transfer box question

moggy1968

Could anyone who has the older style transfer box with the lever selection of 4wd (as against push button) and 4L over to the right please advise on the lever movement to select 4L, is it just push to the right, or does it also need to go forwards after the push to the right
cheers

Hiya man. . When you swing to the right.. then push forwards. It should lock or fully locate into L4..

Hope it helps.

it does, thanks chap.

as you may have read, mine isn't working in 4L, It feels like it isn't engaging properly, so I took off the gaiter t have a look and this is what I found:

This is 4L, the lever moved across to the right, but the bracket blocks it moving forward. I was unsure if the bracket was from the original transfer box, which was the push button style and had 4L on the opposite side, and if that bracket was in fact blocking me getting into 4L properly or if it is correct for this 'box. . It was suggested though that if I remove the offending bit of metal and push the lever forward I may end up in 2L! which wouldn't be good!
FullSizeRender 102.jpg

This is 2H

FullSizeRender103.jpg

and this is 4H

FullSizeRender104.jpg

I suspect the bracket is to stop you going from 2H to 4L but if it is blocking the lever, I could maybe take to it with the angry grinder and cut a notch out

For the movement to the right. There's an adjustable rod that enables you to make it longer or shorter. One way will enable the lever to go further to the right. Which would then allow you to push forward to fully engage into L4.

The adjustable rod kinda runs at 90 degrees from the gearbox. Directly underneath the lever. Try to adjust it as grinding the guide would defeat its intended purpose.

For the movement to the right. There's an adjustable rod that enables you to make it longer or shorter. One way will enable the lever to go further to the right. Which would then allow you to push forward to fully engage into L4.

The adjustable rod kinda runs at 90 degrees from the gearbox. Directly underneath the lever. Try to adjust it as grinding the guide would defeat its intended purpose.
trouble is, I don't know if that bracket is the right one for this gearbox, or if it is the one from the old box and is obstructing the movement. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to get my head in and have a look. I'll have a look for that rod, if it's just an adjustment issue then happy days :o)

is this the rod you mean?
FullSizeRender 106.jpg
FullSizeRender 107.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry for the late reply mate..... been AWOL!

Yes that's the rod.. looks to me that it needs to be adjusted and it will allow the lever to go further to the right.

Did you manage to have success with it? Being some time has passed since the post.

:thumbup:

Back