Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help really needed!

Toymota

Country Flag
england
Can anyone help me? I need a bracket for my anti roll bar. Not the links but the bracket that holds the bar on the front drivers side. Cant find anywhere that can get one before my MOT on 27th.... cat believe how hard it is to find a small bit of bent metal..

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_134703~2.jpg
    IMG_20201118_134703~2.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20201118_134715~2.jpg
    IMG_20201118_134715~2.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 38
I can only imagine the bracket got lost ? its a rare part to need replacing so i'd imagine anyone breaking a 120 could supply it .

If all else fails remove the roll bar altogether and the mot man likely wont even notice .

I don't know of anyone with a 120 doing it but theres plenty on here who run 80's and 90's with the bar permanently removed i think without issues at mot time .

They can't fail whats not there to test i assume .

I was looking at the missing part this morning before going to work... I think that it will be the same on 90 series 80 and 70 series.

Toyota are masters of using the same part on other models.

If you can tell me the distance between the mounting bolts then i can go into the cave and see if any of the earlier ones fit if you want?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was wondering about that myself because Roughtrax sell them for a Surf which would very likely fit the 90 series .

TOYO diy will reveal the answer but as far as I know they are a common fit. There are different diameter bars, but I seem to recall the outer dimensions to fit in the stirrup bracket are the same. I've seen these for sale on either Milner or RT for sure. As others have said, if it's not there it can't be tested. I've removed them on several vehicles in the past.

Had a quick look on toyodiy cross reference and it shows up only as 120 no other vehicles . In theory it's a fail to remove it, in practice i remove it myself on 70 series
2. Check that an anti-roll bar is fitted to an axle on which it is standard.

Hi, Toyota part number is 48823-5060 £10.26 +vat from Toyota.
Hope this helps.

Back