Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help ! What have I done to my AC

Tchamberlin

Country Flag
united_states
I recently purchased a 1HDJ100r Rhd. The push button on the heater and AC controls would rarely work. BUT when I did get them to work after repeated pushing they did work and the AC worked. So I pulled out the control unit with a hunch the the buttons on the PCB were dirty or weak. I carefully disassembled added some rubber shims and cleaned the contact. Tested and hurray all buttons worked! Reinstalled everything thought I was done.... on my next drive I found the AC was not working and when I turn the temp up I get a loud clicking from behind the dash. I have since removed and checked all my work as much as I can. Here is what I found

-it’s the hot/cold mix servo that’s clicking. I cant get to it because on the model is between heater box and firewall.

- regardless of the servo click it seems like I should still hear the AC pump come on? Which I am not.

- Ac fuse is not blown

My current theory’s

A: I damaged the control unit somehow and it messing with the servo control and AC. Maybe the servo has “lost” its position?

B: by total coincidence the servo is failed or is blocked. Oh and somehow the servo signals the AC. Getting to the servo requires fully removing dash and heater core by the way.

Any other ideas????
eZpQJxN4MgzZa4dV9

I recently purchased a 1HDJ100r Rhd. The push button on the heater and AC controls would rarely work. BUT when I did get them to work after repeated pushing they did work and the AC worked. So I pulled out the control unit with a hunch the the buttons on the PCB were dirty or weak. I carefully disassembled added some rubber shims and cleaned the contact. Tested and hurray all buttons worked! Reinstalled everything thought I was done.... on my next drive I found the AC was not working and when I turn the temp up I get a loud clicking from behind the dash. I have since removed and checked all my work as much as I can. Here is what I found

-it’s the hot/cold mix servo that’s clicking. I cant get to it because on the model is between heater box and firewall.

- regardless of the servo click it seems like I should still hear the AC pump come on? Which I am not.

- Ac fuse is not blown

My current theory’s

A: I damaged the control unit somehow and it messing with the servo control and AC. Maybe the servo has “lost” its position?

B: by total coincidence the servo is failed or is blocked. Oh and somehow the servo signals the AC. Getting to the servo requires fully removing dash and heater core by the way.

Any other ideas????
eZpQJxN4MgzZa4dV9
Perhaps the hot/cold servo is conected to an ECU and if the servo flap is stuck in the position for 'heat' it won't bring the cooling on.

Just a thought.

Back