Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

help with 4 wheel drive selector

Just so you know your truck is permanent 4x4 so the little lever just gives you low range gearing and a centre difflock .

Rocker cover i'd just tighten . And the steering can seem a bit weird even when everything is definitely new and tight , seems to warm up and improve , or maybe you just get used to it ?

Old racks leak , probably because nobody ever changes the steering oil , but they never actually fail . Lower ball joints are the thing to check for play as your gonna crash if they fail .

Just so you know your truck is permanent 4x4 so the little lever just gives you low range gearing and a centre difflock .

Rocker cover i'd just tighten . And the steering can seem a bit weird even when everything is definitely new and tight , seems to warm up and improve , or maybe you just get used to it ?

Old racks leak , probably because nobody ever changes the steering oil , but they never actually fail . Lower ball joints are the thing to check for play as your gonna crash if they fail .
balls joints were replaced before I bought it, at least I have receipts to say they were lol, I am still not 100% which way I am with the steering, as ya there's a dead zone but at least the 24 hours I had the car, its been consistent, its not like it fades in and out, I'm coming from a 5 door hatchback that was a lot newer than this thing, so I'm just wondering if its all part and parcel of a 20 year old car that is a LOT bigger than my usual ride back home

I'd say your reading it right because i have two 90's both with all new racks , bushes , bj's everything and still sometimes i get that awful feeling that steering is not connected .

Its probably intentional by Toyota because a violent steering wheel off road can break thumbs .

I'd say your reading it right because i have two 90's both with all new racks , bushes , bj's everything and still sometimes i get that awful feeling that steering is not connected .

Its probably intentional by Toyota because a violent steering wheel off road can break thumbs .
I just more meant I'm not 100% sure how much I trust the guy I bought it off, the weird third party key that doesn't work, the fact he told me its fully up to date with its services however as soon as I sat in the sticker in the top corner of the windscreen says it was due 2 months ago, and the fact it has 2 different CB radio units bolted in, and neither work lol, all just a bit weird, or maybe I'm still salty that the car was a 4 hour train trip from where it was advertised.

4 hours home is a fair test and these are pretty tough vehicles , 20 years or so will take its toll on most things but typical of all cruisers only rust defeats them .

4 hours home is a fair test and these are pretty tough vehicles , 20 years or so will take its toll on most things but typical of all cruisers only rust defeats them .
2 hour drive, 4 hours on the train including waiting around, and I can't see any rust so fingers crossed I get a couple years out of it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Screenshot_20221115-084955.png

Here is the card I mentioned. This is from an auto but looks to have manual instructions too.

Back