Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

help with Honda generator

doyle61

Country Flag
ireland
Lads I have an old Honda eg1900x generator but she's not giving out voltage. I've gone over everything and its giving 7v at the windings which sounds within parameters so I reckon it's the voltage regulator. Now a friend is a Honda agent and went to order me the part but honda won't send it without a serial number which mine doesn't have (bought it in a market without looking for number:doh:). Anyway would anyone have a serial number I can use to get the regulator or info of what else could be wrong

Found this on google maybe it may help Doyle?

HONDA EG 1900 X Electricity Generator · weight approx.: 20 kg;dimensions (l x w x h) approx.: 700 x 500 x 500 mm;Description: Serial No.: 1901348, 1,7 kVA,

9225FA08-C4BC-4119-A2C7-24EEA2F353E9-4359-0000076F3D4D1241.jpg

If it's been standing a long time Doyle it could have lost residual magnetism. If you mean it's giving 7 volts at the slip rings and this is within parameters then maybe this is not the case. Also, I would have thought in this case the AVR was ok. Are the windings continuous? Have you tried a direct load connected not just with a meter? Is there any voltage at the voltage regulator at all in or out?

I checked the impedance of all the windings and they all give correct reading. I didn't bother put a megar on it as i got the 7v. I looked at a YouTube video and they were looking for 5v so I reckon 7 is ok. It's not an avr as such so can't re-excite it; this is a sealed unit so I think if I just replace this it'll answer a few questions.
Thanks dervis for that number. Im going to give it to my friend and see what he can come up with

Back