Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Helping the NHS flounder.

It is not about how many immigrants use the NHS, it is about the amount that arrive and do not contribute to it that rocks my boat

Which is odd because you either have no idea how many non-contributors there are or you are doing a fantastic job of hiding the figures.

Answer my question posted earlier, how can an area population multiply many times over, and yet dwelling yield remain the same year on year, no extra jobs available?

I grew up in west London. It was always busy and populous but now that same area feels rammed full. The 3 and 4 bed houses are now 2 or 3 flats. Where once was a family of 4 are now 3 families of 3 or 4. Yes some of them definitely were not born in the UK, but I reckon the majority were. And there are definitely more jobs in London than 20 years ago. I don't know why you think there are no extra jobs? Unemployment in the UK 20 years ago was about 7% its now just over 4%. And yet in that time the population has grown by about 7 million people. How can that mean, as you believe, the number of jobs is static? More people consume more stuff, create more jobs and pay more tax.

Out of interest do you think you would be living and working in Spain if Spain only allowed immigrants where they possessed skills that were in short supply?[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell Rob! Your a Londoner! Are you Welsh? If not then you are a migrant in my country!

Not in for an argument! I'm Welsh born and bred!:thumbup:

No Rob you are missing my point, true I have no idea how many contribute or not but, what I am saying it is a odds on bet that there are plenty of non contributors.

I said the area I lived in has no space for additional buildings, it is mostly terraced houses, no doubt some have been converted but, it does not discount the fact that the hospitals and doctors surgury's are overwhelmed, apparently appointments can take two weeks WTF!

Figures manipulated by governments to suit manifesto BS, I remember employment went down many years ago, until a whistle blower pointed out they did not include such and such categories, and just how many people are working cash in hand, one restaurant two employees out front, six non contributors out back?

There is no shortage of mechanics here Rob, and it is certainly not about preventing people without a skills base immigrating here, it is about ensuring if you live here you cannot have access to the benefits, housing or health system (emergencies aside) without paying if you like a 'subscription'.

Now this varies with your job title, around €250.00 per month for a mechanic, if you are a mechanic 'multiservicios' as I am this amount climbs to €300.00 so it varies for example a field worker may pay say €50.00 PM? Its about being a contributor to the system, you don't pay you don't get benefits.

There is without doubt an underlying resentment to immigration here, I have mentioned this before, medication instructions for example all in spanish, and yet the UK med boxes have sheets of instructions for god knows how many languages, so much for the widespread use of the english language making the UK attractive to migrants.

I like debates such as these however, due to different individual experiences they can roll on forever, the end result will always be an agreement.........to disagree.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Bloody hell Rob! Your a Londoner! Are you Welsh? If not then you are a migrant in my country!

Not in for an argument! I'm Welsh born and bred!:thumbup:

Dwi yn. Ond rwyf wedi ceisio integreiddio ;-)
Just here for the cheap houses and nice views really. Taking local's houses, driving the prices up, etc, etc.

No Rob you are missing my point, true I have no idea how many contribute or not but, what I am saying it is a odds on bet that there are plenty of non contributors.

Plenty, yes. I live in a village where incapcity benefits claimants make up more than 30% of the population. We're the second best / worst in Wales for it. I know a few people who claim and don't work. I see them hobbling out of the doctors. And making wonderful recoveries to walk their dogs in the hills. There are two non-UK families in the valley. One own the Chinese takeaway. One own the Indian takeaway. There are lots of people gaming the system. It's annoying. But it's the price we pay to make sure those that really need help get it.

I said the area I lived in has no space for additional buildings, it is mostly terraced houses, no doubt some have been converted but, it does not discount the fact that the hospitals and doctors surgury's are overwhelmed, apparently appointments can take two weeks WTF!

Underfunded NHS. The last few governments are chosen to reduce taxes and underfund the NHS, or allow chunks of it to be sold off and badly run. I don't see how that is immigrants fault though. All the figures show immigrants are net contributors. If there's anyone not pulling their weight we need to look elsewhere.

Figures manipulated by governments to suit manifesto BS, I remember employment went down many years ago, until a whistle blower pointed out they did not include such and such categories, and just how many people are working cash in hand, one restaurant two employees out front, six non contributors out back?

Yes they are. 7% to 4% is a huge drop though. Maybe its 7% to 5%. Maybe its 7% to 7%. What we do know is this government is actively aggressive to immigrants. We've seen the revelations of home office quotas. If any immigration figures are doctored it will be to paint them in a worse light and yet the figures are still positive.

There is no shortage of mechanics here Rob, and it is certainly not about preventing people without a skills base immigrating here, it is about ensuring if you live here you cannot have access to the benefits, housing or health system (emergencies aside) without paying if you like a 'subscription'.

So people in the UK who have never worked shouldnt get benefit. I personally think that's wrong, but there is nothing to stop a political party proposing that and seeing how the electorate like it. I would suggest pretty much all parties think that is too much though. What is EU law is that you can only claim 6 months benefit in a country while looking for work. But the UK government has chosen not to enforce this. That opportunity has always been there.

There is without doubt an underlying resentment to immigration here, I have mentioned this before, medication instructions for example all in spanish, and yet the UK med boxes have sheets of instructions for god knows how many languages, so much for the widespread use of the english language making the UK attractive to migrants.

And yet I have prescription medication. My wife has quite a lot. I've just checked all the boxes. Instructions in English only. Weird that? Maybe we're a special English language only area on account of us being the only place in GB with two official languages?

I can't speak for all med boxes
Clearly. Almost as if it might not be true? Maybe someone on here has a draw full of Urdu pain killer instructions?

I like debates such as these however, due to different individual experiences they can roll on forever, the end result will always be an agreement.........to disagree.
I suppose that's the problem. When we treat our individual experiences as indicative of a wider population. I like debates too and everyone is is so much more moderate here than some people in my family :)

Last edited:
It's not about immigrants it was never about immigrants the powers that be made it about immigrants to distract from their own failures and so it could be used as a weapon against anyone willing to think for themselves .

I'm sure the Hans Rosling video data facts and projection's all support the EUSSR ..... because they were arrived at via a computer with no heart no soul and no personality . Yes the whole world wants a washing machine - but what will we sacrifice to get it ?

Welsh friend's of Helen's have spent 5 years living their dream retired to a posh villa in Cyprus .... but they are selling up and coming home , they can't explain why they love it there , they just feel they belong in the community they left behind in a way they will never feel in Cyprus .

Cultural enrichment is bullshit our differences only serve to elaborate on that which brings us together , computer models turn human beings into robots void of emotion , a marketing tool , inanimate objects , trade shares and the cost is loss of community .

I would vote for a trading block it , in a shrinking world where our kids might have friends anywhere on the planet competition is fierce and those winning will advance faster than all the rest so more spending power has to be a good thing .

But i will never vote for a political union because when things go wrong the blame has to land somewhere instead of being passed around the eternal circle until nobody can remember who complained about what .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Couple of things.. outside of the EU, its pretty hard to actually come to and live in the UK. The asylum regime is often mentioned, but the numbers are quite low i believe. commonwealth repatriation hasent been a thing for a few decades.

I dont know what recourse to public funding and benefits EU folks have, people on visa's have none for their first 5yrs of NI contribution.

A large part of the NHS is also staffed from over seas. Kings College London has a 45% non UK qualified support staff (this includes junior doctors ) as an example.

The NHS is under pressure for sure. But its the 1% thats the problem. Not the migrant population. Remember that we all live (or not) at their pleasure. And there is no bigger gap in the world anywhere than in the UK. Maybe outside of the odd dictatorship here and there.

your living on another planet!
Yeah I am living on another planet to you Dave but mine is round ;-)
Also it's a place where my world view is shaped by science , on facts that can be verified & evidence to back up any claims.The theory of evolution differs from the laws of thermodynamics because the latter can be demonstrated.
I don't know if every immigrant works & contributes but I never made that claim.You on the other hand have said that claiming benefits is the standard plan for millions so it's up to you to back up your claims , not for me to prove them false.

So a typical Asian family has 7 kids & the population of where you used to live has quadrupled? Any proof?
Do immigrants are in the UK to claim benifits but are taking jobs?
As for the alleged increase in rapes & mugging in Germany did you see any with your own eyes?
If you think any of the info in the links I posted are suspect just name one & we can discuss it.you keep making claims but you haven't given any evidence to back them up.
Spanish policy on immigrants is hard line in some respects but the the PP came to power on about 30% of the vote & towns all over Spain have offered houses & jobs for refugees.In Cataluña & elsewhere some motorways have signs in Arabic to help motorists on their way to Morocco.Lots of official documents are multi linguistic in my part of Spain without mentioning the other languages that you seem to be unaware of.

Most of what you say is straight from the far right playbook & has been debunked comprehensively .
BTW I've got a hydrogen kit in my lock up would go a treat on your 80 , improved MPG , lower emissions , better throttle response etc.it's yours for a grand , I mean thousands of punters can't be wrong!

Dont GPs these days start at £80/yr salary and move to £120k/yr within 4 yrs and avg out at £140k/yr... across the country?

I know its hard to make ends meet at £75k/yr year given the price of caviar and avacados these days, but if they were to just try... personally, i think 2 gps at 75k would be appreciated over the 1 at 150k.

Of course as a self governing body, they dont quite see it this way.

Btw, picking on GPs as they represent the least capable, as averages go, amongst the doctor's in the country.

Dont GPs these days start at £80/yr salary and move to £120k/yr within 4 yrs and avg out at £140k/yr... across the country?

I know its hard to make ends meet at £75k/yr year given the price of caviar and avacados these days, but if they were to just try... personally, i think 2 gps at 75k would be appreciated over the 1 at 150k.

Of course as a self governing body, they dont quite see it this way.

Btw, picking on GPs as they represent the least capable, as averages go, amongst the doctor's in the country.

The pay range for salaried GPs is £56,525 to £85,298.
https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/Explore-Roles/Doctors/Pay-Doctors

@goodoldboy You keep asking for evidence and perhaps I am over complicating things?

Immigration of just one pair of parents say 40 years ago, will more likely result in children so, it must follow that the population of the country grows by 'X' amount. If that family did not come here then there would not been an increase, that needs no evidence.

Now, in the past 40 years lets assume those two parents have two children, and those children now have two each of their own, how many are immigrants? Two, the rest are British right? So the total number of immigrants shown on some computer model is two not eight which is what you are reading. Now multiply those figures by 250,000? I accept they are called (quite rightly) British but that's a lot of resources to find right.

Schools for example, there were no Islamic schools in the area I used to live in, and yet the money has been found to build and run them My parents had to fight to get me in a school that was within a half hour walk, not because there were no places due to immigration, but because there simply was not enough schools.

Now, reciprocal health arrangements were mentioned earlier in the thread across the EU, but non EU immigrants must be double that of EU countries, and yet there does not appear to be any such agreements for ongoing health care with non EU countries so someone has to pay......who?

I totally agree that privatisation has much to answer for but, if the UK does not take a harder stance on immigration (including asylum seekers), you cannot continue biting from an ever shrinking cake.........you will be left with crumbs.

BTW and with respect, comments such as these........

"So far this thread has continued without insults or name calling but if you made the same baseless claims about about anything to do with Landcruisers you would at least be ridiculed"

and

"BTW I've got a hydrogen kit in my lock up would go a treat on your 80 , improved MPG , lower emissions , better throttle response etc.it's yours for a grand , I mean thousands of punters can't be wrong!"

........add little to the debate, and in fact are known as diversionary, often used by people who feel threatened if they are losing position during a discussion, and they feel it strengthens their hand by trying to belittle someone in public.

Honestly it is not necessary, you clearly have strong feelings about immigration as do I, and I have put my opinion over regardless of whether it is right or wrong. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed with each other..............don't you agree?

Edited because I cannot add up.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
My apologies if you feel offended , my remarks about hydrogen kits were ment as a bit of fun poking , certainly not to belittle you.A good friend of mine is convinced that his hydrogen kit does the business despite the complete lack of any evidence but yes he's entitled to his opinion.
Again you make the claim than non EU migration must be double that of EU migration but based on exactly what?
If you can't link a cause with an effect how exactly do you know said effect has such a cause?
Why do you accept the shrinking cake argument? Why is Spain able to give grants for university education & even for kids from rural areas to attend 6th form colleges. Big cuts have been made here but ordinary folks are organized & will not accept the lies told to them by bent politicians , newspaper owners & other spivs.most of them know who the real enemy are & don't blame those less fortunate.
The UK is not "our country" it's owned & run by the same elites as always , tax exiles , asset strippers & other parasites who are probably laughing their balls of as we argue among ourselves , blaming the less fortunate for their misdeeds.
I've met someone who's family fled from Syria in the 80s , people from Palestine & Lebanon ,worked with folks from Mexico , Columbia , all over south America , Romanians , Moroccans & people from Sub Saharan Africa & one thing that strikes me is how positive & cheerful they are , considering the life experience in contrast to the resentful , self pitying moaning of some of the "patriots" I've encountered.
Compared to most countries the UK is wealthy , prosperous , with more than enough to prove everyone with a decent living.
If you accept the argument about numbers what next? Mass deportation? This is only possible if we see our fellow humans as not as human as us , as a problem that need solving.the rest is history.

@goodoldboy ... I accept they are called (quite rightly) British but that's a lot of resources to find right.

Only if resources are fixed. But they are not. More people use more stuff and therefore generate job opportunities which generate tax revenue. Of course there are lots of other factors affecting growth but population, specifically working age population growth is a major contributor.

More than 16% of the UK are over 65. That is a lot of resources to find. So we need to grow resources to support those people. Stagnant or shrinking populations can't do this without some windfall, oil, gas, uranium. It's no good claiming people have "paid in" during their working life, that money went on supporting the dependents at that time.

I don't think continual growth is a comfortable prospect, but thus far no one has come up with a viable alternative for supporting societies dependents. Developed countries with stagnating populations and no natural resource bounty have never done well.

My apologies if you feel offended ,

No, I was not offended, in fact was a little embarrassed for you for straying in that direction deliberately or otherwise. I was just pointing out that by introducing a paragraph that is not related to the topic is a common tactic used (often unwittingly) to belittle people involved, or perhaps draw support from bystanders in an effort to make you feel your points or comments are perhaps more valid, in reality it often has the reverse effect, those bystanders see the comments as 'clutching at straws'.

Anyway, against my better judgement I am posting some links from the net however, I am unsure of the accuracy so apologise in advance If the figures are wrong or misrepresented.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statistics-net-migration-statistics

If I read that right, and the information is accurate, it shows net migration from the EU to be 90,000 and from non EU countries 205,000?

This next link just needs the last two paragraphs of page 4 to be read.

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&sour...FjADegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw16g3jRbic4azFeMQTr3Cvc

And finally this,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Borough_of_Newham

Something worth noting is the pie chart some way down the page, it shows Islamic schools @32% and Christianity @ 40%, but what it does not show is the Christianity schools are actually populated by just 5% of white Christian pupils, you will also find 76% of those children in Newham were born to non British citizens.

There were dozens of pages spouting statistics, one was how the immigrants moved in to Newham and the original white working class moved out, the result was unemployment went up in Newham from the London average of 3% to over 6%, so unemployment doubled which resulted in the dole queue growing.

As you can see my comments earlier in the thread are based not just on my perceptions, I lived there for 25 years, I also trust I have allayed any thoughts I was simply shooting from the hip, hopefully in an effort to start an argument, because I was not. I and my family are not racialist in anyway whatsoever, in fact one of my sister's married an Irishman.

If my methods of comment delivery are considered harsh then so be it, I make no apologies for speaking as I think.

OK it is bed time, as Godfather I have to attend my Godsons first Holy Communion tomorrow, not looking forward to the speech in Spanish!

Regards

Dave

introducing a paragraph that is not related to the topic
No not related to the topic but I was trying to make the point that you have no evidence to back up your claims like my mate with his hydrogen kit.
The links you posted seem to be reliable although I haven't read all the 40 odd pages of the report on Newham demographics.But immigration levels were discussed earlier in the thread & nobody disputed them.you said something earlier about numbers quadrupling but it seems the population of Newham reached its peak in 1931.Also nothing in the data about Asians typically having 7 children or coming to the UK to claim.Here's a link , again , about benefits
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/non-uk-nationals-the-benefits-you-may-be-able-receive#toc-3
Not sure how reliable or up to date this is but it's easy to check.
If your beliefs aren't based on facts what are they based on?
If immigrants are having a negative impact on the NHS there should be at least some evidence given the generally ant immigrant stance of successive governments but there doesn't seem to be any.now maybe my logic is flawed but it would seem that lack of evidence points towards there being no link between immigration & poor public services.

Back