Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

here's a v8 100 that caught my interest

I saw a black v8 on the motorway on Saturday and it was so clean and tidy. Would not.like the fuel.bill as he went steaming past

I dont like the wheels painted and paint all over the tyres. truck stands well though

A bit tatty don't you think?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Reference to having all the rust treated when the final pic shows an obviously rusty wheel arch corner also worries me. Oh, and who paints their chassis white on a black truck, unless you're on Geordie Shores?

It looks as rotten as a pear to me.

Bits of shiny new paint don’t impress me much, but if you look past them, the rest looks awful.

It looks as rotten as a pear to me.

Bits of shiny new paint don’t impress me much, but if you look past them, the rest looks awful.
This is what I was thinking and the bodged way thecwheels have been sprayed without so much as a piece of masking tape makes me wonder what bodges have been done to the rest of it. White chassis? Hmmm, maybe the owner paints their house brickscred and the pointing white and he had a bit of paint left over? :lol::icon-rolleyes:
And there it is, pic 7, a 2 1/2 litre can of hammerite. Front wheel arch looks a bit battered too.

Last edited:
Is it not silver chassis could be galv.....

Pretty sure it's not

Pretty sure it’s a tin of white hammerite.

I mean, if you’re going to bodge on some paint at lease get the tin and lid out the way before taking the picture. :icon-rolleyes:

The fog lights have been removed and Chinese LED work lights have been added. His list of spec is laughable in that he lists ‘Engine oil changed’ like it’s something special. Why would you need to change the coil packs unless the plugs didn’t get changed and caused the packs to break down? Is it even on coil packs?

Last edited:
Fuck me sideways, just checked the MOT history. Fail a couple of weeks ago - laundry list...

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk
Yet after all that which clearly hasn’t been attended to, he wants 8 grand for it. Or maybe he thinks smothering the chassis in hammerite is going to fix the :-
“Nearside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced hole in chassis (6.1.1 (c) (i))”

He says “This car has been very well looked after and had a full refresh to treat rusting, UJs replaced in the propshafts, wheel bearings regreased and set, all oils/fluids changed, brake fluid flush also, new CV boots.” Sounds more like he’s done all that to try and get it through an MOT or look like it. Bet they’re the cheapest parts he can find. No mention that it’s MOT has expired. Clearly set up as a poor attempt to deceive a punter into paying a lot for a pile of parts. No interior shots of his “much loved” (not according to the MOT history) Landcruiser with much higher spec than anything else (because he’s looked at every single one).

I do hope nobody’s bought it. I reckon 2 grand tops and then the engine is doubtful because of the LPG system.

Don’t walk away from this one. Run!

Last edited:
it caught my interest because it looks like it was meant to go off road , i never considered buying it , i didn't even read the description .

On a side note -

Wouldn't it be nice if somebody in post Brexit Britain started building a utility vehicle people want from obsolete Toyota parts given currently the British motor industry hosts only 3 brand names Morgan, Caterham and McLaren which can't be considered mass produced at all .

Sadly, Caterham...Malaysian owned, Morgan.....Italian owned, McLaren...Bahraini ?

It’s back up again with new photos and it looks like the white chassis has been painted black now ...

it caught my interest because it looks like it was meant to go off road , i never considered buying it , i didn't even read the description .
We know Shayne, it’s black, it was always going to catch your interest. :lol:
You would’ve been kicking yourself if you had bought it (not that you would’ve been fooled) either that or Helen would do it for you or teach you a few lessons with a frying pan. :lol:

Hey - its now got an MOT. Notes: "Vehicle is heavily undersealed".. so was it fixed, or just hidden LOL! Price has gone up by a quid too!

Back