Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi all, I would like to buy a Landcruiser, not sure where to start.

Jeremypaul

Country Flag
great_britain
I am new to Landcruisers, I have always liked the Amazon.
What could I expect to own for £11000 or do I need a bigger budget ?
I have looked at ebay alot and I have no idea if these are a good deal or not, I have a car to part exchange so ideally I would like to deal with a reputable dealer.
I would like to have a roof tent for camping at some point.
Any help would be great.

Hello & welcome to the forum .You're in the right place to ask for advice & have started out with an important criteria - the budget.For me the next thing to consider is what you want your Landcruiser to do .Daily driver ? off roading ? or just something that's a second/third car for weekend trips or holidays ? 0r a combination of all those things.There will be a whole range of opinions here but also a wealth of experience that will hopefully be of some use.

I would like the Landcruiser to be a daily driver and also as car to use for camping holidays, we will another car to use aswell, I generally do not travel very far, less than 10000 miles a year.
Landcruiser would not really be used for offroading.
Just some very steep Cornish roads.
I love the reputation of the reliability.

if your'e looking for a daily driver& planning on keeping it for a few years then of course the youngest , lowest mileage model is the best choice , but looking at autotrader between 9 - 10 K gets you a 20 years old 100 series with plenty of miles on it .Toyotas are reliable but the 100 series has rust issues & they do eventually wear out like all other cars - they're not indestructible - so with any 20 year old motor that you want to have as a daily driver you need to be able to invest in repairs & restoration.

Hello and welcome. There's plenty of owners here having lots of advice and experience. For £11,000 you should be able to buy a nice base vehicle Landcruiser for your money. As for a base vehicle its really important to look into your usage or plans as you mentioned roof tent and camping / Overlanding.

For example, you might need to consider and ask yourself:-
1. how many will be traveling alongside you? E.g do you need 5 or 7 seats
2. How much rear storage do you need for your planned setup/camping goods
3. How much weight based on your planned usage will the vehicle be ladened?
4. Always be open to change along the way including more weight to be added?
5. Are you handy with tools/ repairs/ mechanic friendy?

Just these few questions will help narrow down help for you.

Back