Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi All! I'm looking for a Troopy 45 or 78 or Dbl. Cab 79

cannedcruiser

Country Flag
canada
My 2015 Tacoma recently burned up, so I've decided to use the insurance money to buy and build out (camperize) a manual trans, diesel 78 series Troopy or Dbl. Cab 79 series.

I'm on the left coast of Canada, but will look at a truck from any location. Would prefer something in the 2002 to 2004 range, but would consider something older if it were the right truck with low Kms. Can't be younger than 15 years (2004) to import into Canada. LHD would be nice, but RHD is OK too.

Would also consider an older 45 Troopy or Dbl. Cab pickup if it were solid.

Thanks for any ideas you may have,

Todd

Hi Todd and Welcome. There’s troopies to be had from Holland but they aren’t cheap. Some will already be converted. I don’t know much about them but there’s guys on here that have them and have imported them. I think @stan imports them to the UK.

Love Canada BTW, got a fair few of my cousins over there mostly east and spent 3 weeks over there on honeymoon in 2000 including Vancouver. Where abouts are you?

Good to have you aboard and good luck finding your cruiser and cruiser grin.

Best wishes
Rich

Last edited:
Hi Todd and Welcome. There’s troopies to be had from Holland but they aren’t cheap. Some will already be converted. I don’t know much about them but there’s guys on here that have them and have imported them. I hung @stan imports them to the UK.

Love Canada BTW, got a fair few of my cousins over there mostly east and spent 3 weeks over there on honeymoon in 2000 including Vancouver. Where abouts are you?

Good to have you aboard and good luck finding your cruiser and cruiser grin.

Best wishes
Rich
I'm in Victoria.

Thanks for the tip on stan. I looked at his website. He doesn't appear to have much right now, but I was very interested in what he recently sold. Figures. Ha

I'm in Victoria.

Thanks for the tip on stan. I looked at his website. He doesn't appear to have much right now, but I was very interested in what he recently sold. Figures. Ha
Hi
Im now in Germany so could happily look for a truck for you.
Just in the process of sending a 45 pick up to the USA
Plenty of 78s around but they hold their money. Double cabs were never imported to europe and only built more recently so wouldnt meet your criteria
Send me a pm if you want us to have a look for a truck as i dont really buy to sell on, generally source them to customer requirements

Thnaks
Stan

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Visited Victoria and stayed at the ‘Across the harbour B&B’. No prizes for guessing where that was located. Loved the little water taxis and the chilled harbour seals. Victoria seemed a nice place.
Glad you liked Victoria. I feel pretty lucky to be born here.

I have been all over the place on this board trying to figure out how to PM stan. Can anyone tell me how to go about it? Some boards restrict noobs, is that the issue?

At the top click on inbox
Screenshot_20181019-164036_Samsung Internet.jpg
Then click on start conversation
Screenshot_20181019-164041_Samsung Internet.jpg
Then type stan in the participants box
Screenshot_20181019-164045_Samsung Internet.jpg
And a title for the conversation

Oh and just incase he's listening @stan

Thanks fnbss for your time. When I click on Inbox the window opens just you show, but where it should read "Start a New Conversation" it is blank. I must be blocked from starting new conversations. I can post publicly, but not privately it appears. I've only been registered for 1 week, would that have something to do with it?

Or have I pissed someone off already? Haha

Thanks fnbss for your time. When I click on Inbox the window opens just you show, but where it should read "Start a New Conversation" it is blank. I must be blocked from starting new conversations. I can post publicly, but not privately it appears. I've only been registered for 1 week, would that have something to do with it?

Or have I pissed someone off already? Haha
I doubt that unless you're name is Mike from Australia.. (before your time) maybe a few more posts then and you'll have the option. I'm not sure on the criteria but hopefully it'll be unlocked soon.

I doubt that unless you're name is Mike from Australia.. (before your time) maybe a few more posts then and you'll have the option. I'm not sure on the criteria but hopefully it'll be unlocked soon.
Thanks again. If @stan does see this, please PM me and maybe then I can reply to it.
Todd

Ok, so it appears I have to post 20 times before I can initiate conversations (PM) with anyone.

I will say that I have chosen to drop my search a 79 series and focus strictly on a Troopy.

I will say that I have chosen to drop my search a 79 series and focus strictly on a Troopy.
As much as I dig the Dbl Cab pick up it will become very costly to design a custom camper to my specs. The Troopy already comes with its own enclosure and it can be cheaper to find an already outfitted rig that I can tweak to my taste rather than starting from scratch.

Back