Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi All, returned to cruiser ownership

paddy1001

IMG_0123.JPG
Hi everybody,

Paddy here, from Kilkeel, Northern Ireland

I have recently returned to Landcruiser ownership after a 12 yr absence, previous vehicle was a 2002 lwb Colorado gx, sold after seven months as it wasn't what I needed at the time.

Three weeks ago I picked up a 2006 Landcruiser invincible,119000 miles, black, auto, 201 Bhp, after about six months looking for the right vehicle. I hadn't intended on buying an invincible, just this one ticked the right boxes for me.

So far I have no mods done to it, not sure what I will be doing but probably not a lot, one of the previous owners upgraded the stereo to a tns510, that I am still getting to grips with and installed a subwoofer that I am not too bothered about, other than that I think it's pretty standard, would like a few subtle tweaks but not sure what yet, wouldn't mind a reversing camera twinned with the stereo but have to investigate it yet. Other than that I am open to suggestions!

Car really really needs a good polish and the rims refurbed but will do for now, it will be used for getting me and my lunchbox too and from work and also picking the kids up occasionally, that's about it!

Cheers!

Welcome back to the fold, nice looking truck you have there ;)

Hey, welcome back and to the forum :thumbup:... and the truck has windows ...:icon-wink:

Looks good in black, and I'm sure she'll polish beautifully. A wheel refurb is not too expensive and she'll look great.

What's lurking underneath, is there much rust?

Last edited:
View attachment 123507 Hi everybody,

Paddy here, from Kilkeel, Northern Ireland

I have recently returned to Landcruiser ownership after a 12 yr absence, previous vehicle was a 2002 lwb Colorado gx, sold after seven months as it wasn't what I needed at the time.

Three weeks ago I picked up a 2006 Landcruiser invincible,119000 miles, black, auto, 201 Bhp, after about six months looking for the right vehicle. I hadn't intended on buying an invincible, just this one ticked the right boxes for me.

So far I have no mods done to it, not sure what I will be doing but probably not a lot, one of the previous owners upgraded the stereo to a tns510, that I am still getting to grips with and installed a subwoofer that I am not too bothered about, other than that I think it's pretty standard, would like a few subtle tweaks but not sure what yet, wouldn't mind a reversing camera twinned with the stereo but have to investigate it yet. Other than that I am open to suggestions!

Car really really needs a good polish and the rims refurbed but will do for now, it will be used for getting me and my lunchbox too and from work and also picking the kids up occasionally, that's about it!

Cheers!

Welcome back in style:thumbup:.

Yep, that looks like the natural progression from my black D4D Collie. I drool everytime I see one and I'm drooling now. That said I'd give the 4.0 a chance.

Thanks for the welcome everyone,

The reverse camera is more for helping hitch a trailer on than anything else, I just prefer not to have to use my back to pull a heavy trailer an inch or two either way if a camera would easily link to the radio to allow me to reverse right under it.

I haven't had it up on a ramp yet to get a really good close look everywhere but from what I could see lying under it there is some surface rust underneath that is needing addressed before it gets silly, other than that it looks pretty good.

Welcome Paddy, excellent looking vehicle you have there. Enjoy!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back